Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2014 GT500 DIB/Satin Black TP/PP
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've noticed that my S/C whine is extremely subtle. I know it's a little silly to just want to change sound, but let's face it, S/C whine is an intoxicating sound. I've been doing some reading and it looks like a good CAI will help with, among other things, bringing out the whine. I've also read that tightening the pulleys will do it, but that makes me nervous because I dont want to overwork the blower just for some noise. Any help here would be great gents.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,758 Posts
You don’t have your car info in your signature... what year are we talking about...? 2013/14s have the quietest supercharger (TVS). Swapping intakes and removing the resonator does minimal help with the sound. In order to hear more whine, you’ll need to spin the supercharger faster with a smaller pulley (or larger crank pulley). If you really want some whine, swap to a Whipple or Kenne Bell.

It’s also possible to install a sound tube to bring more sound into the cabin.

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
If your GT500 still has the Resonator on it, just changing that out for a Resonator Delete will let you hear a bit more WHINE.

BEWARE of other members on here that will tell you ONLY a WHIPPLE will really WHINE....for a few $$$$$$....LOL
@Goose17 got his answer posted just before me.....o_O

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
I've got a resonator delete tube if you want it. Just pay for shipping. Lemme know. It does make the whine a little more pronounced.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You fellas are the best! Lol! Definitely dont regret joining this forum.

@Goose, I'll have to figure out how to put my info in the sig. It is the '13-'14.

@Keeno, theres a solid possibility I'd like to get that from you. Itll fit my '13-'14?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It hides the windshield washer hoses & cleans up the look of the underside of the hood..
I'm thinking it can stay. Oh well, I can live with a quiet S/C.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,758 Posts
I removed my windshield washer system:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I removed my windshield washer system:

Unfortunately, that's not an option for me. It's my daily right now. Upside is I live in SoCal where it barely rains. Downside is, early spring is the rainy season.

I guess I've just got the mod bug already and I'm out here looking for advise and ideas.

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
You fellas are the best! Lol! Definitely dont regret joining this forum.

@Goose, I'll have to figure out how to put my info in the sig. It is the '13-'14.

@Keeno, theres a solid possibility I'd like to get that from you. Itll fit my '13-'14?
Yup! I had it on my '14 before going to the VMP Stage IV kit. PM your address and I'll mail it out to you if you like. An easy 'beginner' upgrade.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yup! I had it on my '14 before going to the VMP Stage IV kit. PM your address and I'll mail it out to you if you like. An easy 'beginner' upgrade.
Thank you sir, I'll do that. Is it weld in or bolt in?

So heres a silly question.... when should I consider the first time? I dont want to have to tune every time I put something in. To be honest I dont really know all that much about tuning either.

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
So heres a silly question.... when should I consider the first time? I dont want to have to tune every time I put something in. To be honest I dont really know all that much about tuning either.
The resonator delete does not require a retune. It's a simple bolt on that eliminates the muffler found in the stock intake, letting more whine come out of the supercharger.

Some more details: JLT Induction Kit - Resonator Delete for 10-14 Shelby GT500

·
Registered
636 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Look up Fosters sound tube mod on you tube. You tap the intake then run a hose to the firewall, it makes the whine alot louder inside the cabin.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Look up Fosters sound tube mod on you tube. You tap the intake then run a hose to the firewall, it makes the whine alot louder inside the cabin.
I did see the video. I know it's a silly, vanity mod. Still, who doesnt like the sound of boost!? I'm thinking I'm going to hold off and see what kind of sound I get after the intake/exhaust/pully.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,758 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for engaging in the conversation.

If you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your ride, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Registered
11 Posts
The biggest gripe with my '14 was having zero whine. I installed the VMP Stage 2 kit (CAI, TB & Tune) along w/ the sound tube. It now sounds bada$$.

·
Registered
2008 GT500 Convertible
39 Posts
I don’t go to shows and I daily my car so I’m not too concerned with underhood cosmetics. I took off my hood liner last week to clean it, drove it just to see if there would be any difference and was pleasantly surprised. Slightly louder engine sounds in general, not just the whine. Kind of like it broadened the sound spectrum underhood (like if it was muffled before). So CAI, 2.5 pulley, and no hoodliner for me sounds amazing. Then, top down even better lol. If you don’t like it, or wanna go to a show, just pop the liner back in. Simple to remove anyway. Plus it’ll stay cleaner in the garage.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts