Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Ford tech repair manual on DVD...(but not with me at the moment). Does anyone know if it shows the belt routing? I have to entirely remove the S/C belt to fix my squeal...not sure yet if I'll just put a new one on, or perhaps try to remove the glazing somehow.

If it's not on the DVD, can someone steer me to the picture? I think someone has posted it somewhere on this forum previously.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I have the Ford tech repair manual on DVD...(but not with me at the moment). Does anyone know if it shows the belt routing? I have to entirely remove the S/C belt to fix my squeal...not sure yet if I'll just put a new one on, or perhaps try to remove the glazing somehow.

If it's not on the DVD, can someone steer me to the picture? I think someone has posted it somewhere on this forum previously.

Thanks,

Dave
Yes, the DVD shop manual does have a belt routing diagram. I used it when installing my new balancer.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Hows this?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man, you guys are good!!!

Thanks to All!!!

I hope to work on it this week. Gotta get rid of that noise, drowns out the whine. :ack:

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Man, you guys are good!!!

Thanks to All!!!

I hope to work on it this week. Gotta get rid of that noise, I like to hear myself whine. :ack:
Huh??

:rofl:

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
+1 That's why I bought the books also. Old school I guess.:bandit:
Nothing wrong with old school...I used water manometers 12 years ago when the engineers wanted me to use transducers to measure boost pressure. After extensive testing, turns out my method was more accurate.:cowtounge:

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Nothing wrong with old school...I used water manometers 12 years ago when the engineers wanted me to use transducers to measure boost pressure. After extensive testing, turns out my method was more accurate.:cowtounge:
Do you still use your abacus Aristotle? :eek:ld:

:rofl:

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
yea, i still use manometers as well. we're all old school..but it works. my manuals came in the other day. got the elec one too. :D

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I finally got around to fixing the squeaky belt. Photos below. Note that the factory idler pulley must be removed from the engine to get the belt off, and the accessory belt must also be removed since it's in front.

Notice that I had rubber transfer to the idler pulley...which may have contributed to the squeal, so I cleaned it also.

Lastly, my rear driveshaft safety loop from BMR had slightly rubbed my 3.5" aluminum dynotech driveshaft, so I added washers at each stud to fix this.

Dave

Note: The belt with the yellow is the accessory belt...NOT the supercharger belt. The belt with the red/white Motorcraft packaging is the supercharger belt. Be careful when ordering...they show both a 7 rib and a 10 rib in the book...we need the 10 rib. Not sure what the 7 rib is for...maybe a Lightning truck?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts