Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home last nite I pulled up to Nissan Skyline GTR, while I am not a fan of "rice burnners" I have to say the car looked pretty impressive. I asked the guy if he wanted to race, he declined said he still breaking it in.:zzz: According to the press releases, I guess it would have smoked me.

·
Registered
233 Posts
yeah, after he did smoke your ass, you would've had to go up on the roof and fallen on your sword too! Those things will smoke a ZR1 too, and pretty much anything else on the road! At a mere $71,900,;) that's a lot of car for the $s! However the ADM is $25K!!! That's an awful lot for these dirt bag dealers to make off this car. 'Course that's what they said 'bout the Shelby GT500s the first year too! ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
There was one with only a Cobb tune, on it's factory tires, at Beech Bend this past Saturday that ran an 11.44. They're no sloutch in the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Won't take a ZR 1, but will smoke a Z06 and destroy our beloved cars.

I had a line on one at sticker, but shyed away from it for fear of never being able to park it anywhere without worrying about it being stolen or vandalized.

The good thing is that on the street in a random encounter, you could have a chance because they cannot launch to their fullest without flipping a whole bunch of switches and powerbraking. They have a computer run 'launch control' and just like NASA, there is a long sequence to make it work. But I wouldn't dream of it unless I had a KB strapped to my motor.

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
LOL, it won't run with a ZR1, its pretty close to the Z06. (mid to high 11's)
I mis-spoke, somewhat. I'm not referring down a 1/4 mile, just overall handling in a 'road test', and I believe there are a few magazine articles to attest to that. Not ZR1, Z06 though.

·
Registered
806 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Woah!

Are we talking about the Nissan GT-R

OR are we talking about the skyline.. I am certainly no expert, but I thought the skyline was only available in europe, never officially in states?

Anyway, Saw a mean photo of a Nissan 260SX Spec GT-R (Which I think is AKA Skyline)...

There is a nice photo of a modded Skyline. looks pretty dangerous to me.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Woah!

Are we talking about the Nissan GT-R

OR are we talking about the skyline.. I am certainly no expert, but I thought the skyline was only available in europe, never officially in states?

Anyway, Saw a mean photo of a Nissan 260SX Spec GT-R (Which I think is AKA Skyline)...

There is a nice photo of a modded Skyline. looks pretty dangerous to me.
Nissan decided to drop the name "Skyline" for this new car but it is referred to as the R35 telling us that this car is the next step of the R34 or the Japanese and European Skyline... but either way they are amazing cars with an unbelievable 4wheel drive system. The older models were known for their modding capabilities too and I am sure the new ones will be no exception (If only I had the money for one)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have to say, i was sitting at the light one day in the 500 and it rolled by at the other light, i was very tempted to change my route and go follow it but i didnt. oh well, but from what i saw it almost seems as if they left too much of the prototype in. I remember not liking the back of the car very much.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I am a huge Skyline fan, thats about the only Japanese car that calls my attention but as looks go I am not sure about the new one. For the money they are commanding I would try to find an R34

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,950 Posts
I guess this is the difference between GT500 owners and normal mustang owners. I love cars, none more than mine of course, but all cars, Ford, Chevy, Nissan...anyone that does something nice deserves some respect. When i had my 98 cobra, I stopped going to the track and events because I got so sick of all of the bs fighting that would ensue. It's kinda nice to come on here and see a bunch of Ford guys giving props to the GT-R which is a sweet ride. To be as fat as we are and handle like that, it is an incredible machine...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I guess this is the difference between GT500 owners and normal mustang owners. I love cars, none more than mine of course, but all cars, Ford, Chevy, Nissan...anyone that does something nice deserves some respect. When i had my 98 cobra, I stopped going to the track and events because I got so sick of all of the bs fighting that would ensue. It's kinda nice to come on here and see a bunch of Ford guys giving props to the GT-R which is a sweet ride. To be as fat as we are and handle like that, it is an incredible machine...
I couldn't have said it better. I love cars, and I've owned many different makes and models over the year and am always amazed at the brand loyal BS that a lot of car club guys spew. The GT500 is the best bang for the buck in my personal automotive history. I've gone ahead with the usual bolt on mods because that's what you're supposed to do with these cars, and I have to say, it takes them better than any other mustang I've owned.

·
Registered
165 Posts
A GT500 isn't at risk for either of those? :boohoo:
Not really because many think it's "just a Mustang".

And the GT-R is a distinctive car that people know is valuable. Plus I can't imagine the repair bills on vandalism with a car like that. At least the Shelby wouldn't be "exotic" on the repair bill if it were vandalized.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts