Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2010 GT500
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Newby question ... what is the group opinion on Royal Purple tranny fluid?

·
Premium Member
8,061 Posts
Used it in my 2008 model, and it didn't make much difference. I think more people have better results using Amsoil (from what I've read in the past).

·
Registered
137 Posts
My experience was this. Changed out the trans fluid to Amsoil. Really didnt change much except for making cold shifting worse. Ran it for about 900 miles and switched it out for Mobil 1 synthetic atf. Way better cold shifting and smoother shifting all around. I am a Amsoil oil user in my engine also, so Im not hating on Amsoil.

Reactions: ihaterice

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also found royal purple to be no better than the original ford transmission fluid. And expensive , and a messy pain to flush out the purple.

·
Premium Member
8,061 Posts
Used it in my 2008 model, and it didn't make much difference. I think more people have better results using Amsoil (from what I've read in the past). CORRECTION BELOW .......
That's right ... now I remember .... it's Mobil 1 for the tranny and Amsoil for the engine ... :)

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,780 Posts
If I remember right, Mobil 1 is the only thing Tremec recommended...fresh fluid definitely feels nice.

·
Premium Member
2012 SVTPP with a heavy dose of 2013 components
7,435 Posts
I looked at all the product data sheets on most of these synthetic ATF fluids and Mobil 1 had the closest viscosity to Dextron III, which is what comes in them from Tremec. In this case thinner is better.

Reactions: JTB

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I looked at all the product data sheets on most of these synthetic ATF fluids and Mobil 1 had the closest viscosity to Dextron III, which is what comes in them from Tremec. In this case thinner is better.

There's a sticker right on the 6060's that indicates Dextron III

1 - 13 of 13 Posts