Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Roush is selling his kits yet? I need the stage 2 kit to install . His web page doesn't show the kits. Production date or when are they available? GGBIW:confused:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found IT!!! He is selling the 600 hp kit with 3 year warranty entact. Go to catalog on his web page. about 10 different catalogs are available with 1 for the gt500. GGBIW

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never mind. I'm going with Kenne Bells Twin screw. He has the price qoutes on his web page.:rolleyes: GGBIW

·
Registered
64 Posts
nice convo with yourself :p

600 hp with a new supercharger is def. not worth it

pulley + tune + intake = 100 + Whp . . . .

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice convo with yourself :p

600 hp with a new supercharger is def. not worth it

pulley + tune + intake = 100 + Whp . . . .
Yeah Right! I was Talking to myself. The Kenne Bell stage 3 twin screw allows 700 hp on 93-94 octane. Just using his supercharger with the same pully as stock and his intake and throttle body gives you 150 or more hp at the rear wheels. If you go with his stage 3 you can detune it so you can run supreme through it without harming the engine. Getting up to 800 hp is a matter of changing the pulley and tune program. Pretty impressive. He did twist a couple of driveshafts when he dynoed the car though. Is someone making stronger driveshafts yet? Yeah,100 hp is not worth it but 200 got my attention. Under 6 grand too. GGBIW:D :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
933 Posts
ggbiw,

I've got to ask!

Where do you guys get 93 or 94 octane fuel?

The best I've seen locally in Alberta (and in most of Canada that I know of) is 91 octane.

Is this high octane availbable at your neighbourhood pump or do you have to add octane boost at every fill up?

Curious!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
ggbiw,

I've got to ask!

The best I've seen locally in Alberta (and in most of Canada that I know of) is 91 octane.

Is this high octane availbable at your neighbourhood pump or do you have to add octane boost at every fill up?

Curious!
I live in Michigan and I have only put 94 octane in mine since day 1.Sunoco gas station right down the street!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ggbiw,

I've got to ask!

Curious!
We get race gas at 70.00 for 5 gal. That can be burdensome though. The stage three gets 680 rw hp on 91. GGBIW

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I live in Michigan and I have only put 94 octane in mine since day 1.Sunoco gas station right down the street!
Sweet! I wish california would do the same:confused:o . GGBIW

·
Registered
888 Posts
I gave Roush a call this morning (1-800-59ROUSH) to ask about their power packs. They won't be available until maybe next month.

They have a Power Pack with the black supercharger (402191) and one with a polished supercharger (402328) and then two additional pulleys, 72 mm (402454) and 76 mm (402455). The supercharger is a roots type 2.3 liter. Per the tech I talked to, either one of the power packs will add 120 HP.

I talked to him about the Kenne Bell and also the Evolution Performance setup. Apparently, their selling point is the 3-year warranty. I mentioned to him that the GT500 had a 5-year warranty, but that won't make any difference. It will only be a 3-year warranty.

The price? They would only say that it would be comparable to the 4.6 liter supercharger setup, about $5500. I explained to him that a lot more stuff comes with the 4.6 liter setup that GT500s won't need, but that won't make a difference in the price apparently. GT500 owners have lots of money!

07 SHELBY warned me this is exactly what would happen, and as usual, he was right on! I was hoping they would make a more attractive offer than this because I really wanted to stay under warranty!

I thought I should add that if you want this, you might want to join the ROEA club and go through Hillbank Motor Sports as you can usually get a a little better deal from them plus a 10% rebate back from Roush.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I gave Roush a call this morning (1-800-59ROUSH) to ask about their power packs. They won't be available until maybe next month.

They have a Power Pack with the black supercharger (402191) and one with a polished supercharger (402328) and then two additional pulleys, 72 mm (402454) and 76 mm (402455). The supercharger is a roots type 2.3 liter. Per the tech I talked to, either one of the power packs will add 120 HP.

I talked to him about the Kenne Bell and also the Evolution Performance setup. Apparently, their selling point is the 3-year warranty. I mentioned to him that the GT500 had a 5-year warranty, but that won't make any difference. It will only be a 3-year warranty.

The price? They would only say that it would be comparable to the 4.6 liter supercharger setup, about $5500. I explained to him that a lot more stuff comes with the 4.6 liter setup that GT500s won't need, but that won't make a difference in the price apparently. GT500 owners have lots of money!

07 SHELBY warned me this is exactly what would happen, and as usual, he was right on! I was hoping they would make a more attractive offer than this because I really wanted to stay under warranty!

I thought I should add that if you want this, you might want to join the ROEA club and go through Hillbank Motor Sports as you can usually get a a little better deal from them plus a 10% rebate back from Roush.
The Kenne bell set up is superior as far as I'm concerned. The warranty issue is the only thing roush has over the Kenne Bell set up. Running the same pully size, the 2.8 twin screw is cooler and produces far more power using 91-92 octane. Check it out. AND the Kenne bell is priced about the same with trick throttle body and intake. Not so with roush that gets all his power from higher pulley speeds. GGBIW

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ive got the KB 2.8H due in tomorrow and I couldnt be happier! There is nothing wrong with the Roush blowers, the problem lies in the Roush calibrations that it takes to keep the warranty in tact. We are a Roush dealer and its no secret that the calibrations are VERY conservitive to say the least to keep idiots (sorry) from blowing up a 15K engine. The blowers are capable of quite a bit more power, just not with the warranty that many arent willing to give up. Roush's calibrations are very driveable (stock like driveability with more performance).

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah Right! I was Talking to myself. The Kenne Bell stage 3 twin screw allows 700 hp on 93-94 octane. Just using his supercharger with the same pully as stock and his intake and throttle body gives you 150 or more hp at the rear wheels. If you go with his stage 3 you can detune it so you can run supreme through it without harming the engine. Getting up to 800 hp is a matter of changing the pulley and tune program. Pretty impressive. He did twist a couple of driveshafts when he dynoed the car though. Is someone making stronger driveshafts yet? Yeah,100 hp is not worth it but 200 got my attention. Under 6 grand too. GGBIW:D :D :rolleyes:
you mean 700 WHP on 93-94

and its more like 250 more at the rear wheels

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you mean 700 WHP on 93-94

and its more like 250 more at the rear wheels
I stand corrected. You have to admit those numbers are pretty impressive.The other thing is that it does it with the air being much cooler than the other setups. I will be installing this stage 3 when I get a handle on a vehicle I'm working on. GGBIW:D :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
ggbiw,

I've got to ask!

Curious!
Here in Quebec, the only stations that sell 94 are the Petro-Canada stations. You could also check out your local dragstrip

·
Registered
933 Posts
CdnCobra,

Thanks for the info. I don't gas up at Petro-Can, but I will go check out the one up the street to see if they have the higher octane. If they sell it then that's what I'll be buying my fuel.

Take care.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
We get race gas at 70.00 for 5 gal. That can be burdensome though. The stage three gets 680 rw hp on 91. GGBIW

I can buy 110 octane by AAI for $4.50 gallon.That's $22.50 for 5 gallons.

·
Registered
933 Posts
From what I've found out so far, gas stations at lower altitudes, will carry 93/94 octane. Petro-Canada stations in Vancouver, Victoria and Montreal (basically, these cities are at or near sea level) carry this octane level.

Since we are at 1,000 metres (over 3,000 feet) above sea level in Calgary, there is no octane above 91 that I've found so far, but I'll keep looking. I'm sure they're out there somewhere.

Keep you posted.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
50 Posts
From what I've found out so far, gas stations at lower altitudes, will carry 93/94 octane. Petro-Canada stations in Vancouver, Victoria and Montreal (basically, these cities are at or near sea level) carry this octane level.

Since we are at 1,000 metres (over 3,000 feet) above sea level in Calgary, there is no octane above 91 that I've found so far, but I'll keep looking. I'm sure they're out there somewhere.

Keep you posted.
Hi there Arbour88,
I always buy Husky/Mohawk here in Calgary. They have the 94 octane. It's ethanol blended, I've found that it works just fine in my 01 Cobra. I will use the same in the SHELBY.
Here is the address of the one that I use:

8200 - 26 Street SE
CALGARY, AB T2C 1C5
Phone: 403-279-3400
Ethanol, Propane, Performance Plus 94

You can also go to Husky Energy's website and find one that's on your commute.
I hope that this helps.
:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts