Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am inviting all Shelby owners and Mustang lovers in general to attend Hooked On Driving events.

We’ll be at Autobahn North Circuit on Thursday June 18, presented by Roush Performance. We’ll not only have a 2010 Roush 427R Mustang there and John Clark from HQ, we will draw for an opportunity to win a case of Roush Synthetic motor oil blended in cooperation with Valvoline, a $100 retail value. Cost to attend the event is $295.00. Call me for a Roush $40.00 discount code to use during online registration.

Here’s the rest of our schedule (and please either sign up at hookedondriving com or call and I’ll take registration information over the phone):

July 16 (Thursday) Autobahn ($295.00)
August 10 (Monday) Autobahn ($295.00)
August 17 (Monday) Road America, Elkhart Lake, WI (immediately following the American LeMans Series pro-race weekend) ($375.00)
September 10 (Thursday) Autobahn ($295.00)

Nationally we have over 30 events per year, check us out!

We have four run groups: A-beginner, B-intermediate, C-advanced and D-race prepared, plus X-Coaches Only. HOD’s passing protocol is conservative (passing zones on straight sections of track, demarked via large green and yellow cones), passing must be acknowledged with a point-by from driver being passed; though we do allow open passing (driver’s left only) in D and X though no passing from turn-in to apex.

We provide professional Coaching at all experience levels (our Race Prepared Group Lead just won in Grand Am Koni Challenge last week!) included with registration... plus we feed you too!

Since 2004 we’ve never had car-to-car contact and only one car with major damage. According to an independent customer satisfaction survey:

“88% of your customers will Absolutely or Very Likely drive again with HOD. They are “hooked”. HOD is clearly meeting or exceeding their customer expectations for event organization, coaching and out of car instruction. Significantly, a staggering 93% agree that they will unreservedly recommend HOD to their friends interested in high-performance driving.” – bento strategy, November 2008

Background on Hooked On Driving:

Founded as a performance driving program with a national growth goal, HOD, Hooked On Driving has grown rapidly from its start in Northern California in 2004. HOD has three other major U.S. operations. One, run by Joe Mills, based in Pennsylvania and covering the Northeastern U.S., Henry Gilbert located in Florida and serving Florida and Southern Georgia and finally our founder and franchisor David Ray operates in Northern California and Nevada. HOD advertises nationally and is recognized as the official performance driving experience for Roush Performance.

Call or email with questions or to register either with our captive online system or simply call!

Best regards,
Rob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come have some fun... plenty of events this winter in Florida and California, including Daytona International December 4 - 6.

Hookedondriving com

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To those who had the time to come out for May 3rd at Autobahn: THANK YOU, and to those who couldn't make it: THANK YOU too - for being part of the Hooked On Driving family of enthusiasts, sharing that passion for driving with others!

Some participant quotes:

"It couldn't have been better", "The event was flawlessly organized and I'm totally delighted with my coach", "I think I have never been at a track event that went that flawlessly...", "I am recommending this to all my friends and co-workers", "Yesterday was awesome... I had a great coach".

We're now looking forward to our first HOD event at Gingerman, Friday July 16, 2010; please check your calendar and register!

As I write this we're waiting on a new pavement update from Gingerman; we'll shoot another in-car with SmartyCam prior to the event and the plan as of now is to run the 2.2 mile new configuration reverse-course. Keeps it interesting for all!

The rest of our 2010 calendar:

Monday August 23, Road America, Elkhart Lake, WI (Monday following the ALMS pro weekend)
Monday October 4, Autobahn Country Club full circuit, Joliet, IL (NCM benefit event, open to all marques)
Hope to see you at the track!

Best,

Rob

ps, Check out our Facebook Page and join!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Rob sounds good but,,,would you please give us some more info on winning this case of valvoline roush motor oil. It was available for every body to buy from roush performance and then it was not. It is our understanding that Jack and valvoline had a spat of some sort and roush performance no longer sold the 5w 50 for our shelby's so we had to go to ford motorcraft. Now what good is it to win one case when it is not readily available or not at all available in the future. The oil is not on valvoline's product list any more either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts