Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
41,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congratulations to @BLK&BLUE for being FordGT500’s June 2022 ROTM! Here is his story and his fantastic matte 2021 Antimatter Blue GT500!

Thanks for the nomination! I can’t say enough how much a community this forum has been (especially after attending my first Shelby Fest and meeting so many awesome people!)

Early years:

I grew up in a Porsche household. My dad started with his first of many in a brand new 1978 924 that he purchased for around a staggering $4,500! So that was my first introduction to a sports car when I was born and became hooked ever since. Over the years my dad purchased a 944, 928 and numerous 911s. All the while I was growing up watching Knight Rider, Dukes of Hazard, Simon & Simon, M.A.S.K., Transformers and anything that involved cars.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

When I was around 5-6, I was introduced to my first track day at Watkins Glen International. This you can say was the beginning of the end. After that all I ever wanted to do was watch racing on TV, attend every track event I could and drive as soon as I was able! When I tuned 16 and finally got my learners permit is when I was introduced to my first Mustang. My best friend’s father had purchased him a used 1988 Mustang LX 5.0 black with red interior. One look at that car and I fell in love! The rule my parents had established was I could get my license if I 1.) I had a job, 2.) could pay for my own insurance and 3.) could pay for my own car. I worked year-round while attending school and sports at a local car wash chain where I made surprising, good money for a high school student. When it came time to purchase my first car, I found a white with blue striped 1992 Mustang GT. When I informed my parents of my plans, they nearly had heart attacks knowing my love for speed and heavy foot. So instead, they broke their own rule, and I was handed down my dad’s beater 1991 Subaru Legacy station wagon.

Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle

First Mustang:

Fast forward a year there’s a knock at our front door and it’s the State Troopers asking if we own a white Subaru station wagon. My dad had borrowed my car the day before to run to the hardware store and left the keys in it overnight. Someone had decided to help themselves to it and took it joy riding. They had run off the road into a ditch smashing the front end, snapping both front drive axles and bending the frame. Since my car was totaled and not fixable it was finally time to start my search for my first Mustang! After a few months of scouring, I finally found a absolutely beautiful 1994 Cobra in Vibrant Red. It was purchased new by an older owner who had added a Paxton supercharger and the SVO side skirt exhaust. I absolutely LOVED this car and owned it for a little over two years. Unfortunately, while it was being stored over the winter a fire broke out and the car was completely burned and a total loss. Since I was in college, I pocketed the money and decided to wait until after graduation to look for a new car.

Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Many cars and tracks:

Once graduating college, I owned a multitude of cars including 1998 Mustang GT, 2000 WRX, 1994 R32 Skyline, 2003 350Z, 2012 Mustang GT. I drove at just as many tracks including Watkins Glen, Nurburging Nordschleife, Laguna Seca, Sebring, Daytona, Lime Rock, Road Atlanta, COTA and NOLA to name a few. After moving to North Carolina two years ago I purchased a 2020 Mustang GT PP2. I added a Roush Stage 2 supercharger and a plethora of suspension mods to make it more of a track car. While owning that car I placed an order for a 2022 GT500 knowing that it could possibly be the last year they were made in the S550 design.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Road to My First GT500:

The car I always wanted to own (tied for a 2003-2004 Terminator Cobra) has always been the GT500. After owning and enjoying the S550 style GT I knew that was the model I really wanted. Even though I had placed an order for a 2022 in November of 2021 I kept seeing the rumors about the chip shortage getting worse and the number of allocations shrinking I decided to start the search for a 2021. After 3 months of searching, I finally found my current GT500 in February at a dealership about 4 hours away. After a quick 45-minute flight, a 20-minute test drive and cutting a check I was the proud owner of a Antimatter Blue with Technology Package and Recaro seats!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Grille

Current/Ordered Performance Mods:
  • SPE Carbon Fiber Intake (On Order)
  • Radium Engineering Coolant Reservoir
  • Ford Air Oil Separator
  • Ford Gurney Flap
  • Ford Splitter Wickers
  • CFTP Springs
  • Steeda Camber Plates
  • Steeda IRS Bushings
  • Steeda IRS Support Braces
  • Raceseng Titanium Tall Spitfire Lug Nuts
  • Signature SV502 Brushed Aluminum Wheels 11 Front 11.5 Rear
  • Signature SV502 Brushed Titanium Wheels 11.5 square (On Order)
  • Caliperfexion Mod
  • Schroth QuickFit Pro Harness
  • CFTP Rear Sway Bar (On Order)
  • Function Factory CFTP Rear Wing (On Order)
  • ARP Wheel Studs (On Order)
  • Carter’s Customs Front Splitter (Being developed)
  • Carter’s Customs Side Skirts (Being developed)
  • Carter’s Customs Rear Diffuser (Being developed)
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Current/Ordered Aesthetic Mods:
  • Stek Dynomatt Full PPF
  • Steeda Jacking Rails
  • Ford Performance Carbon Fiber Bumper Cover
  • Ford Performance Carbon Fiber Deck Lid
  • Anderson Composite Carbon Fiber Hood (On Order)
  • Python Carbon Fiber Hood Vent (On Order)
  • Anderson Composite Carbon Fiber Trunk (On Order)
  • Anderson Composite Side Window Louvers (On Order)
  • VLAND LED Smoked Taillights
  • Ford Carbon Fiber Dash
  • TruFiber Carbon Fiber Arm Rest
  • TruFiber Carbon Fiber Window Switch Bezels
  • TruFiber Carbon Fiber Center Console Side Panels
  • Diode Dynamics Interior LED Kit
  • Diode Dynamics Smoked Side Markers
  • Diode Dynamics 4th Brake Light Kit
Car Tire Vehicle Plant Wheel

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car Wheel

·
Premium Member
2007 GT500
4,345 Posts
Evan,
Congrats on joining the ROTM club! It was great getting to meet you at SF and seeing that gorgeous Shelby in person. Look forward to next year!

PS well played with the Subaru :)

Reactions: AZ21GT500

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,724 Posts
Congratulations on being selected. Enjoyed meeting you and talking about that paint configuration you put on the car. Seeing the real paint coloration was interesting in comparison. Glad you enjoyed Shelbyfest and the Ozark international! See ya next year!

·
Registered
2011 GT500 SVT PP Race Red Glass Roof
398 Posts
Congrats on the ROTM selection as the pictures don’t do this car justice. I had the pleasure to ride shotgun with Evan at Shelbyfest on the fun run to Herman. This car is a beast as we hit upper 150 ish mph during a slight detour to Mexico and back. Evan is a great guy and has a awesome car. I’m looking forward to meeting up at Shelbyfest next year or if we can get a group run to the Tail Of The Dragon this fall.

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 HP Carbonized Metallic Gray
1,031 Posts
Congratulations on ROTM!! Beautiful Snake great story. I’ll be following your mods as I’ve picked quite a few from that list for my 21. Hopefully you’ll start another thread for just the mods.

Reactions: BLK&BLUE

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
2,124 Posts
Welcome to the ROTM club! Great story & car history. Lucky you that the Subaru got stolen!
Holy cow that’s a long list of mods.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congratulations to @BLK&BLUE for being FordGT500’s June 2022 ROTM! Here is his story and his fantastic matte 2021 Antimatter Blue GT500!

Thanks for the nomination! I can’t say enough how much a community this forum has been (especially after attending my first Shelby Fest and meeting so many awesome people!)

Early years:

I grew up in a Porsche household. My dad started with his first of many in a brand new 1978 924 that he purchased for around a staggering $4,500! So that was my first introduction to a sports car when I was born and became hooked ever since. Over the years my dad purchased a 944, 928 and numerous 911s. All the while I was growing up watching Knight Rider, Dukes of Hazard, Simon & Simon, M.A.S.K., Transformers and anything that involved cars.

View attachment 236973

When I was around 5-6, I was introduced to my first track day at Watkins Glen International. This you can say was the beginning of the end. After that all I ever wanted to do was watch racing on TV, attend every track event I could and drive as soon as I was able! When I tuned 16 and finally got my learners permit is when I was introduced to my first Mustang. My best friend’s father had purchased him a used 1988 Mustang LX 5.0 black with red interior. One look at that car and I fell in love! The rule my parents had established was I could get my license if I 1.) I had a job, 2.) could pay for my own insurance and 3.) could pay for my own car. I worked year-round while attending school and sports at a local car wash chain where I made surprising, good money for a high school student. When it came time to purchase my first car, I found a white with blue striped 1992 Mustang GT. When I informed my parents of my plans, they nearly had heart attacks knowing my love for speed and heavy foot. So instead, they broke their own rule, and I was handed down my dad’s beater 1991 Subaru Legacy station wagon.

View attachment 236977

First Mustang:

Fast forward a year there’s a knock at our front door and it’s the State Troopers asking if we own a white Subaru station wagon. My dad had borrowed my car the day before to run to the hardware store and left the keys in it overnight. Someone had decided to help themselves to it and took it joy riding. They had run off the road into a ditch smashing the front end, snapping both front drive axles and bending the frame. Since my car was totaled and not fixable it was finally time to start my search for my first Mustang! After a few months of scouring, I finally found a absolutely beautiful 1994 Cobra in Vibrant Red. It was purchased new by an older owner who had added a Paxton supercharger and the SVO side skirt exhaust. I absolutely LOVED this car and owned it for a little over two years. Unfortunately, while it was being stored over the winter a fire broke out and the car was completely burned and a total loss. Since I was in college, I pocketed the money and decided to wait until after graduation to look for a new car.

View attachment 236972

Many cars and tracks:

Once graduating college, I owned a multitude of cars including 1998 Mustang GT, 2000 WRX, 1994 R32 Skyline, 2003 350Z, 2012 Mustang GT. I drove at just as many tracks including Watkins Glen, Nurburging Nordschleife, Laguna Seca, Sebring, Daytona, Lime Rock, Road Atlanta, COTA and NOLA to name a few. After moving to North Carolina two years ago I purchased a 2020 Mustang GT PP2. I added a Roush Stage 2 supercharger and a plethora of suspension mods to make it more of a track car. While owning that car I placed an order for a 2022 GT500 knowing that it could possibly be the last year they were made in the S550 design.

View attachment 236979

View attachment 236974

Road to My First GT500:

The car I always wanted to own (tied for a 2003-2004 Terminator Cobra) has always been the GT500. After owning and enjoying the S550 style GT I knew that was the model I really wanted. Even though I had placed an order for a 2022 in November of 2021 I kept seeing the rumors about the chip shortage getting worse and the number of allocations shrinking I decided to start the search for a 2021. After 3 months of searching, I finally found my current GT500 in February at a dealership about 4 hours away. After a quick 45-minute flight, a 20-minute test drive and cutting a check I was the proud owner of a Antimatter Blue with Technology Package and Recaro seats!

View attachment 236981

Current/Ordered Performance Mods:
  • SPE Carbon Fiber Intake (On Order)
  • Radium Engineering Coolant Reservoir
  • Ford Air Oil Separator
  • Ford Gurney Flap
  • Ford Splitter Wickers
  • CFTP Springs
  • Steeda Camber Plates
  • Steeda IRS Bushings
  • Steeda IRS Support Braces
  • Raceseng Titanium Tall Spitfire Lug Nuts
  • Signature SV502 Brushed Aluminum Wheels 11 Front 11.5 Rear
  • Signature SV502 Brushed Titanium Wheels 11.5 square (On Order)
  • Caliperfexion Mod
  • Schroth QuickFit Pro Harness
  • CFTP Rear Sway Bar (On Order)
  • Function Factory CFTP Rear Wing (On Order)
  • ARP Wheel Studs (On Order)
  • Carter’s Customs Front Splitter (Being developed)
  • Carter’s Customs Side Skirts (Being developed)
  • Carter’s Customs Rear Diffuser (Being developed)
View attachment 236980

Current/Ordered Aesthetic Mods:
  • Stek Dynomatt Full PPF
  • Steeda Jacking Rails
  • Ford Performance Carbon Fiber Bumper Cover
  • Ford Performance Carbon Fiber Deck Lid
  • Anderson Composite Carbon Fiber Hood (On Order)
  • Python Carbon Fiber Hood Vent (On Order)
  • Anderson Composite Carbon Fiber Trunk (On Order)
  • Anderson Composite Side Window Louvers (On Order)
  • VLAND LED Smoked Taillights
  • Ford Carbon Fiber Dash
  • TruFiber Carbon Fiber Arm Rest
  • TruFiber Carbon Fiber Window Switch Bezels
  • TruFiber Carbon Fiber Center Console Side Panels
  • Diode Dynamics Interior LED Kit
  • Diode Dynamics Smoked Side Markers
  • Diode Dynamics 4th Brake Light Kit
View attachment 236975

View attachment 236982

View attachment 236976
Loving those rims. Sweet ride. Keep posting pics.

·
Registered
2007 Shelby GT-500 Performance White with Vista Blue LeMans and Side Stripes
1,017 Posts
Amazing.
Love the story!

Reactions: BLK&BLUE

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
Another congrats on ROTM !! It was fun meeting and talking with you at Shelbyfest and at the track day. It was still hard to believe that the car was really BLUE, especially with the black top, but after looking at the underhood paint in the sunshine, it was confirmed and 'BLK&BLUE' was officially entered into the books !! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Hope you have a lot of fun with it and glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Shelbyfest .... can hardly wait until next year !! Stay safe !!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts