Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

I'm looking to install a roll bar in my 350R, I've looked at CMS Performance and Watson. Does anyone have any experience installing either ones and the pros or cons to either or any other recommendations?

thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Hey Guys,

I'm looking to install a roll cage in my 350R, I've looked at CMS Performance and Watson. Does anyone have any experience installing either ones and the pros or cons to either or any other recommendations?

thanks,

Jim
Jim:

Contact Dean at KohrMotorsports he knows a bit about Tracked Mustangs. LOL!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim:

Contact Dean at KohrMotorsports he knows a bit about Tracked Mustangs. LOL!

View attachment 194323
JT,

I was thinking who would be the first to reply and I guessed you and I was right. I looked at their website and they don't sell anything as far as roll cages go but I did fill out their contact webform. Do you know someone there?

Jim

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
29,702 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I think we should all clarify whether you're looking for a roll cage or a roll bar. Bar's are typically 4 to 6 point configurations that stay behind the front seats and may include door bars. Cages typically are understood to provide a safety cage around the driver so contain a full roof bar structure.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think we should all clarify whether you're looking for a roll cage or a roll bar. Bar's are typically 4 to 6 point configurations that stay behind the front seats and may include door bars. Cages typically are understood to provide a safety cage around the driver so contain a full roof bar structure.
Good point, I‘m looking for a roll bar, my bad.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
29,702 Posts
Good point, I‘m looking for a roll bar, my bad.
I tweaked your title for you.

The roll bars in the 2020 GT500s looked good. If they are in-fact the one in the link I posted above, give them a good consideration.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
JT,

I was thinking who would be the first to reply and I guessed you and I was right. I looked at their website and they don't sell anything as far as roll cages go but I did fill out their contact webform. Do you know someone there?

Jim
I know Dean...
He can help you and the shop is relatively close to you.

They run the Roush-Kohr IMSA Race Team but also prep many Track cars including Bruce's from FTB and the MGW Boss 302S.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
KOHR could definitely get you taken care of, but not sure what the timing would be like as I'm pretty sure they don't make a bolt-in pre-manufactured 4 point roll bar like Watson does. That being said if you want the best or a fully welded configuration they'd be right up at the top of the list of top suppliers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts