Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question was asked of me,I posted it in case anyone else is interested.

Question for you... under the doors there is that black plastic that runs the length of the car. The Mustangs that have it painted the color of the car it looks great but the ones I have seen that it is just flat black I do not like and will be getting it painted within the first 2 weeks of owning the car. The question I have is if I was to order those for a 2006 mustang GT would they fit on the shelby since the bodies are the same. My thought is the body shop that is going to do the work for me sells me parts at something called jobber price (Me and the owner are good friends and I maintain his computers and network) so my thought was to have him order me a pair get them painted so when the car comes in he can take off the factory ones and put on the new ones vs me having him remove mine and painting them. That way I could keep the orginial ones for the next owner some day. Let me know if you think my idea will work before I invest in a set.

Thank you in advance.

Busababy,
I checked out the Rocker Panels situation and this is what I found.All Rocker Panels are the same.Maybe that is an upgrade for next year or 09,not really sure about that though.V6,GT and Shelby they are all the same.F.Y.I. they are attached to the car with plastic push pins.There are no metal fasteners,they pull off so go ahead get a set of 07 Rocker Panels and have at it.I think it would look sharp.

·
Premium Member
11,032 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
This question was asked of me,I posted it in case anyone else is interested.

Question for you... under the doors there is that black plastic that runs the length of the car. The Mustangs that have it painted the color of the car it looks great but the ones I have seen that it is just flat black I do not like and will be getting it painted within the first 2 weeks of owning the car. The question I have is if I was to order those for a 2006 mustang GT would they fit on the shelby since the bodies are the same. My thought is the body shop that is going to do the work for me sells me parts at something called jobber price (Me and the owner are good friends and I maintain his computers and network) so my thought was to have him order me a pair get them painted so when the car comes in he can take off the factory ones and put on the new ones vs me having him remove mine and painting them. That way I could keep the orginial ones for the next owner some day. Let me know if you think my idea will work before I invest in a set.

Thank you in advance.

Busababy,
I checked out the Rocker Panels situation and this is what I found.All Rocker Panels are the same.Maybe that is an upgrade for next year or 09,not really sure about that though.V6,GT and Shelby they are all the same.F.Y.I. they are attached to the car with plastic push pins.There are no metal fasteners,they pull off so go ahead get a set of 07 Rocker Panels and have at it.I think it would look sharp.
Interesting! I always thought it would significantly change the raked look, too!

bj

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Hello 07 To make sure we order the correct ones what is the correct part number on those bad boys.

Thank you in advance...

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
busababy said:
Hello 07 To make sure we order the correct ones what is the correct part number on those bad boys.

Thank you in advance...

Busababy,
You will have to check with your dealer for a part #.It doesn't matter what model,V6,GT or Shelby they are all the same.Maybe 1 of the dealers here could give it to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts