Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Both mine are chewed up. Lol I emailed them guess I will wait and see
Good luck!

Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

I always order from JLT when I can. JLT is local and Jay the owner is a stand up guy that works really hard for his company and his customers. I just ordered his foam inserts. I'd drive down and pick them up myself but It's a busy week and I'm swamped. I think they were $13 after tax.

I always order from JLT when I can. JLT is local and Jay the owner is a stand up guy that works really hard for his company and his customers. I just ordered his foam inserts. I'd drive down and pick them up myself but It's a busy week and I'm swamped. I think they were $13 after tax.

The JLT rock blockers are nice (and easy), but the Jaeger Bros flaps will provide more protection for the rockers and lower rear painted areas on the cars.

I'm sure they will but they are made of thin ABS and have 1970's door trim attached to the outside of the car. Not something I'm fond of on my car. Not that I'm a high maintenance owner or anything, it just looks out of place on such a nice car. The full guard is a good idea though. If the car has good PPF I don't know how needed it is but I'm a PPF noob so I don't know its limitations.

There's also the price I can't swallow. $100 for .25 cents of plastic with trim glued to it. For half that price, you could buy a premade sheet of carbon fiber from Ebay at the thickness you choose and make your own.

I did it and now regret it. They literally have not responded to my email. Sucks. Definitely wasted by 100 dollars. Such bad customer service. They could of even emailed me back saying hey it’s user error or something. Blame me, instead they do not respond. To me that’s worse.

I'm sure they will but they are made of thin ABS and have 1970's door trim attached to the outside of the car. Not something I'm fond of on my car. Not that I'm a high maintenance owner or anything, it just looks out of place on such a nice car. The full guard is a good idea though. If the car has good PPF I don't know how needed it is but I'm a PPF noob so I don't know its limitations.

There's also the price I can't swallow. $100 for .25 cents of plastic with trim glued to it. For half that price, you could buy a premade sheet of carbon fiber from Ebay at the thickness you choose and make your own.

It would be nice if someone made hard plastic ones like the wicker splitters.
That would be nice!

Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

That would be nice!

Do it every time. It displays then deletes

Reactions: LEXUSF
I had the JLT Rock Blockers first, and I did like them a lot. However, they do nothing for rear quarter protection, so I picked ups the Jaegers. Originally I though I wouldn't want them, but I digress. They are wonderful, and do not stand out visually at all, in my opinion.

I have to say the surprise reason that I like them better than the Rock Blockers, is you can wash the car and now the water will rinse right out of the rocker, and drain between it and the flap. The foam inserts created a dam, and made it a pain to rinse out the soap and rocks when washing. I will also say that I did not install the little stick on foam pieces for this reason. Flaps work perfectly fine without them.

I have the JLT rock blockers and the Jaeger Bros flaps on the GT350. In concert with each other, these items protect the side of my precious! They survived the Tail of The Dragon and are still hanging in there!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.