Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT500
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though I only drive my car on paved surfaces at the end of a drive there is always quite a bit of dust/dirt/rocks that have accumulated on the running boards on both sides of the car. What I don't want of course is for those rocks to get kicked around and damage any paint. Any thoughts on how to remedy?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,176 Posts
JLT Rock Blockers and/or Jaeger Bros front flaps.

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,372 Posts
JLT rock blockers are the simple solution.

The Jaeger units seem to get some activity here, but I know Tim has shed a few during track days.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,917 Posts

The Jaeger units seem to get some activity here, but I know Tim has shed a few during track days.
I've lost two previous Jaeger Bros. flaps, in the past, as a result of opossum and tree limb interaction. Jason was kind enough to replace them, free of charge. Otherwise, they ( and the rock blocker) work in cooperation to protect the side of the GT350.

·
Registered
2021 Race Red Shelby GT500
197 Posts
Rock blockers work well. Cheap easy solution and they hold up even though high speeds and washing the car.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,176 Posts

Yes, one was during street driving and the other was on my last track weekend. For the record though, my JLT Rock Blocker rotated 90 degrees and slid aft on the side I lost the flap. Fortunately it didn’t depart. Max speed was just shy of 160.

·
Premium Member
Jay 20 CFTP, 19 GT350R,13 GT500x2, 19 SHO,20 Explorer ST, 20 F-450, 67 Ranchero GT390
70 Posts
Even though I only drive my car on paved surfaces at the end of a drive there is always quite a bit of dust/dirt/rocks that have accumulated on the running boards on both sides of the car. What I don't want of course is for those rocks to get kicked around and damage any paint. Any thoughts on how to remedy?
JLT, however I have lost the passenger side twice, had drivers side rotate but remained, first time I suspected maybe I had failed to secure it flush after a wash, second time I ensured it was secured, both times I had the car at speeds over 160mph. Coincidence? Maybe, I suspect it’s the force of the airflow. Easy enough to pull if going for a high speed jaunt then reinsert. However I’ve never lost one on my 350r and have had it at same speeds, that said the R does have a different airflow characteristics due to the difference in stance and front splitter and overall front fascia set up.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,176 Posts
JLT, however I have lost the passenger side twice, had drivers side rotate but remained, first time I suspected maybe I had failed to secure it flush after a wash, second time I ensured it was secured, both times I had the car at speeds over 160mph. Coincidence? Maybe, I suspect it’s the force of the airflow. Easy enough to pull if going for a high speed jaunt then reinsert. However I’ve never lost one on my 350r and have had it at same speeds, that said the R does have a different airflow characteristics due to the difference in stance and front splitter and overall front fascia set up.
This is going to be my solution if I can’t get these Jaeger Bros flaps to stay in place… I’m going to wrap the outside edge of the JLT Rock Blocker with friction tape.

Font Circle Screenshot Logo Tree

Reactions: Blowncobra

·
Registered
2020 GT500
393 Posts
Mine have been (allegedly of course) tested to 165+ also and haven’t budged at all. They do fit pretty snug when I put them on. Suppose there may be some slight variation with the side splitter fitment between cars to cause a tighter / looser fit of the blockers?

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,372 Posts
Does ZL1 Addons make a set for the GT500? I lhave had great success with their units on my GT350. They don't stick out from the wheel well the way the Jaeger units do and they attach with a combination of double sided tape, a spring clip, and 3 push pins. They do however line up perfectly to protect the exposed paint in the wheel well and block the little area that lets the stones into the lower side sill.

Reactions: Blowncobra

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,176 Posts
Does ZL1 Addons make a set for the GT500? I lhave had great success with their units on my GT350. They don't stick out from the wheel well the way the Jaeger units do and they attach with a combination of double sided tape, a spring clip, and 3 push pins. They do however line up perfectly to protect the exposed paint in the wheel well and block the little area that lets the stones into the lower side sill.

Just checked and it does not appear so. The 500 has wide front fenders that make fitment a challenge.

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,372 Posts
Just checked and it does not appear so. The 500 has wide front fenders that make fitment a challenge.
Worth a shot. I knew they were wider than already wide GT350 fenders, but I wonder if they would be willing to make some.

Reactions: Goose17
1 - 14 of 14 Posts