Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious as to how many of you may be going to the 6th annual "Shelbyfest" running April 26th through April 28th in Hermann MO? I live in Indiana and it would be a six hour drive for me to Hermann. If I'm going to put that many miles on my new Shelby, I would at least like to meet some other owners from the Great Lakes region while I'm there.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I plan on going. I live just outside of chicago. I am either going to haul my car down on a trailer or drive it down. I think my wife is going to drive hers down. I am thinking about leaving on friday. Where abouts in Indiana are you?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I don't have a car trailer so I have to drive if I'm going to go. And I would like to go Just want to make sure I wouldn't be the only one in the "Great Lakes" region to show up. I live near Lafayette, IN ... right down I-65 from you.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Gotcha, I have never been either. It looks and sounds like it would be a good time. I am thinking about having justin from VMP tune my car that weekend. Just waiting to hear back for a price on it. There also is a mustang club called "Chicagoland Mustang Club" that usually has a pretty good Car show in May just off I80 and I57. It usually has around 200-400 mustangs. But if you go to Shelby Fest when are you going to head down? We could cruise together if your thinking about going on friday.

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
I am going. You will want to get a motel reservation. It is a 5-6 hour drive for me as well. I rarely get a chance to really enjoy the car over this kind stretch so I am looking forward to it.

I plan to arrive early afternoon on Thursday for some modifications!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
What are you getting done?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Gary IN native myself, was all around Hammond,Hessville, went to college at IN U..I live in TN now..I was planning on making the trip to Shelbyfest but I may have to work so I really am not sure yet. Kind of be waiting on a post like this to see who else maybe going..Its a 6 hour drive for me too, If I make it it would be nice meeting all of you.

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
Shelby 1018 are you going???

SCT tuner, Justin's Dyno Tune 2.59 pulley/idler/colder plugs, painted jlt 123 cai and 65mm CJ TB.

I am really looking for improved throttle response, better TQ between 2000-5500 rpm. I have a vert and typically do not push the rpm above 5800-6000.

I have 91 octane in my area so upgrading to the tvs doesn't hold as much upside for me. Plus I wanted to stay with cats. Cats do not fare well with high boost.

With the rest of my winter mods I will have dropped about 50lbs in weight and picked up 60-80hp/torque. DSS 1 piece will be installed in the next couple of weeks when the car comes out of storage so that should help acceleration as well.

Should be fun.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mctag I am going, hopefully getting my car tunned by Justin as well. I am heading down there on friday. I booked a room last night. Looks like there arent too many room left down there since it is such a small town. Have you ever been? I sounds like it should be a good time.

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
This will be my first time but Vnmous (BJ), Cobra Fred and Snake Doc all raved about last year. Sounds like a real good group of guys. I am staying at the Schiller Guest Suites right on main. Walking distance for MILLER TIME.

I look forward to meeting you and others.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey guy's I plan to slither on down to Shelby Fest also!
Shelby1018, I'm 50 miles south of you and we plan on leaving Friday also..
Sa-When I'm from Gary also (Black Oak) lived there my 1st 25 years, 25 years ago.
The Unitasker, if your leaving on Friday I'm willing to hook up for the ride..
Mctag when ya leaving?

Gene

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
Sa-When I'm from Gary also (Black Oak) lived there my 1st 25 years, 25 years ago.
Mctag when ya leaving?

Gene
Gene:

I am leaving Thursday morning from Des Moines so I can be in Herman by 3:00 on Thursday. I have a VMP mod appt at 4:00 and want to give my car enough cool down time.

Look forward to meeting you all.

Tag

·
Registered
51 Posts
Gene:

I am leaving Thursday morning from Des Moines so I can be in Herman by 3:00 on Thursday. I have a VMP mod appt at 4:00 and want to give my car enough cool down time.

Look forward to meeting you all.

Tag
Well thats 1 appt I wouldn't want to be late for!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Can't wait to meet other Shelby owners.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I was thinking about driving down from Michigan. I would love to go on a road trip. It all depends if school allows time to make the trip.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Well I'm glad to hear that so many seem to be going. I better look into it seriously now and make my recervations also. I'll post more here as to timing of my drive down. As I have friends in Decatur, IL and St. Louis, MO, I may be leeaving early to make some visits along the way. More to come.

Updated @ 11:00am, 03/06/12: I've made the reservations at the Historic Iron Horse Inn B&B @ 207 East 4th in Hermann for Fri & Sat nights. I plan to arrive in Hermann Friday afternoon. I'll be leaving Laff-a-lot, IN Friday morning and heading to Misery ... er, I mean Missouri (alt pronunciation: Missouruh) ... via Decatur, IL to visit a friend ... so driving to Hermann together might not be possible. I will be driving back on Sunday if anyone wants to "team up" on the trip back northeast!

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Mctag when ya leaving?

Gene
If you guys plan on traveling together, a set of FRS/GMRS Two-Way Radios will make it more convenient. Below is a link for Amazon.com for a set of Motorola and another for a set of Midland.

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-MR350R-35-Mile-22-Channel-Two-Way/dp/B001UE6MJ8/ref=pd_rhf_dp_p_t_1

http://www.amazon.com/Midland-GXT1000VP4-36-Mile-50-Channel-Two-Way/dp/B001WMFYH4/ref=pd_cp_e_1

The brand is not necessarily important as they are all pretty much compatible. Misland advertises 22 GMRS Channels plus an additional 28 channels (don't have a clue what the extras 28 channels are for and they don't say). Remember those "claimed" ranges (35mi?) are very LIBERAL; in reality a couple of miles is more likely.

Good Luck & "Happy Motoring"! :banana_hitit:

·
Registered
73 Posts
So anyone heading down on friday? I decided to drive my car down instead of hauling it down. So the wife and I will take both are cars down. Not sure if anyone would want to meet up along the way to cruise together in a pack of shelbys?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My wife and I will be driving from the Lafayette, IN area to Hermann, MO on Friday with a brief stop in Decatur, IL to visit a friend (the guy who just bought my '06 Pony) since he is dying to see a Shelby in person. Depending upon your starting point, we might find somewhere along the way to hook up.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ok sounds good. I was thinking about leaving around 10:30-11 on friday.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.