Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
321 - 339 of 339 Posts

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
I was thinking of trying to get a plant tour of the Romeo Engine Plant early next summer.You know thats where they have the 8 mechanics that hand build the niche engines for the Shelbys,Cobras and Lightning vehicles.I would like to go there with my Shelby and get photos with the 2 mechanics that built my engine.It is located about an hour north of Detroit,Mi.I was shooting for early June but open for suggestions.It is awhile off but if anyone is interested in going maybe we could all go together in a pack.That would be soo cool.Anyways any comments,suggestions or concerns should be directed in this thread.Let me know if you are seriously interested................07.........................
Im in

·
Registered
443 Posts
Anyone think we could do this again in 2012? Maybe late june? Is it worth starting a new thread looking for interest?

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Put me on the list.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
When I was reading this post I thought what a great idea. Hopfully we are going to do this again and if so count me in.

·
Registered
97 Posts
im down i live in wi so its not to bad of a trip

·
Premium Member
5,968 Posts
I called the plant a couple of times about a year ago trying to see if a tour was an option.

I never could get a hold of a decision maker but left a message for them. Never heard back from them.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
47 Posts
I talked to the rep. today from Romeo Engine Plant.He confirmed there is no break in additive to the oil from the factory.It goes to AAI with 5w50 pure synthetic.He said they do a few tests on the engines then they run them.
I also talked to him about the plant tour.He said they do it all the time just give him a date.He also gave me his phone # so I could get a hold of him any time.I know it is next year but what month?The day is going to be on a Friday...............................07.............................................
I am in if all goes well. Anyone leaving from VA area. You have the street address. June would probably be best weather.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
I am in if all goes well. Anyone leaving from VA area. You have the street address. June would probably be best weather.
This thread is waaaaaaaay old. I think they may have left by now. :)

321 - 339 of 339 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.