Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 339 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of trying to get a plant tour of the Romeo Engine Plant early next summer.You know thats where they have the 8 mechanics that hand build the niche engines for the Shelbys,Cobras and Lightning vehicles.I would like to go there with my Shelby and get photos with the 2 mechanics that built my engine.It is located about an hour north of Detroit,Mi.I was shooting for early June but open for suggestions.It is awhile off but if anyone is interested in going maybe we could all go together in a pack.That would be soo cool.Anyways any comments,suggestions or concerns should be directed in this thread.Let me know if you are seriously interested................07.........................

·
Premium Member
11,016 Posts
I was thinking of trying to get a plant tour of the Romeo Engine Plant early next summer.You know thats where they have the 8 mechanics that hand build the niche engines for the Shelbys,Cobras and Lightning vehicles.I would like to go there with my Shelby and get photos with the 2 mechanics that built my engine.It is located about an hour north of Detroit,Mi.I was shooting for early June but open for suggestions.It is awhile off but if anyone is interested in going maybe we could all go together in a pack.That would be soo cool.Anyways any comments,suggestions or concerns should be directed in this thread.Let me know if you are seriously interested................07.........................
I'm in.

bj

·
Registered
213 Posts
Im in

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
888 Posts
Any day of the week?Any month?Just looking for opinions!Maybe on a Friday for the out of towners?
A Friday would be convenient for me. Yahoo says it is 812 miles from Ladson to Temperance (12 1/2 hours). I can do that in a day, or at least I used to be able to!

·
Premium Member
11,016 Posts
A Friday would be convenient for me. Yahoo says it is 812 miles from Ladson to Temperance (12 1/2 hours). I can do that in a day, or at least I used to be able to!
You really think our boney old asses will handle that? :eek:

Friday works for me.

bj

·
Registered
53 Posts
...Yahoo says it is 812 miles from Ladson to Temperance (12 1/2 hours). I can do that in a day, or at least I used to be able to!
12 1/2 hours? :eek: Let's see... in an '07 Shelby... hmmmm.... :rolleyes: you could probably make that trip in about 6 hours even with a few pit stops. :D
Am I stirring up trouble?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Awesome idea- definitely in!

·
Registered
168 Posts
07 - awesome idea. Friday works best for me. It was so cool to see the signitures of the mechanics who built my engine when I opened up my hood.

Aldy

·
Registered
47 Posts
Making the assumption that I will have my 07 Shelby by then, I am in.
Bill

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Sounds like a great time, but I'm not sure I'm up for a 12-hour drive across the great plains. Even in a Shelby, that's going to be a brutal drive. Then again, I'll have to wait 'til I get my Shelby. My mind may change.

·
Registered
125 Posts
07 Shelby I would be honored to be included in the trip to Romeo to talk to the guys who built my engine. Just let me know when and where. Take care Mustangnut

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I talked to the rep. today from Romeo Engine Plant.He confirmed there is no break in additive to the oil from the factory.It goes to AAI with 5w50 pure synthetic.He said they do a few tests on the engines then they run them.
I also talked to him about the plant tour.He said they do it all the time just give him a date.He also gave me his phone # so I could get a hold of him any time.I know it is next year but what month?The day is going to be on a Friday...............................07.............................................

·
Registered
888 Posts
I also talked to him about the plant tour.He said they do it all the time just give him a date.He also gave me his phone # so I could get a hold of him any time.I know it is next year but what month?The day is going to be on a Friday...............................07
I still have one in high school, so a June or July date would help a little with our planning.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Just came out of Manhattan in traffic that tested my clutch and a-s capabilities. I am still considering the road trip but will, if joining, be towing my baby with nothing else but a Ford product.(F150 Performance White:D). The ride for me would be too much to bear for my butt and pride and joy. June is preferable for me.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Talk to me 07! This is what dreams are made of. Hope all builders will be present at our visit in June, July or what ever month as long as we are there for the Kodak moment. Keep this moment alive!;) As the winter is just coming upon us.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I'm in, that will only take me about 4 hours to make from Fort Wayne.:D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Talk to me 07! This is what dreams are made of. Hope all builders will be present at our visit in June, July or what ever month as long as we are there for the Kodak moment. Keep this moment alive!;) As the winter is just coming upon us.

I'm talking.We are still a go.I would say end of June to end of July.It would be kind of hard to have people commit so far in advance.This spring I will make an appointment at Romeo Engine plant and whomever would like to go is welcome.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am in too.

1 - 20 of 339 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
338 Replies
60 Participants
Goose17
Ford Shelby GT500 Forum
2007+ Ford Shelby GT500 enthusiasts share information, maintenance, modifications and tech advice.
Full Forum Listing