Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just my car or......does anyone else have the same issue with road debris (rocks and gravel) kicking up as you drive? It seems when I am driving I constantly hear gravel or road debris kicking up at the wheel wells or at the bottom of my car. I am always driving on a typical city street....just curious.... I am wondering if it is road noise or the Goodyear tires kicking stuff up. If I change tires would it reduce the problem. ????

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Is it just my car or......does anyone else have the same issue with road debris (rocks and gravel) kicking up as you drive? It seems when I am driving I constantly hear gravel or road debris kicking up at the wheel wells or at the bottom of my car. I am always driving on a typical city street....just curious.... I am wondering if it is road noise or the Goodyear tires kicking stuff up. If I change tires would it reduce the problem. ????

Check this thread. It should answer your questions.
http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2746

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I just wasn't sure if it was road noise or not, it is definitely gravel and debris, wasn't sure if it was common.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Are you referring to gravel hitting the underneath if so my car did alot of that for the first 7000 miles or so specially when the tires were really sticky. It seem to get better as the tires worn down but still occassionally it does it. I can pull out of the garage roll down the street and here the little pebbles kicking up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts