Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like for a few people with stock, base and CFTP cars with stock sized rubber, properly inflated, and stock wheels to take a vertical measurment from the ground to the bottom of the highest point of the fender, both front and rear. If you've got other aftermarket springs, post those too, but post the specs. Different sized tires and wheel may make some difference, so that info would be helpful too. No one's ever definitively posted the actual difference between the models so we know just sort of drop you get from CFTP springs. I wish I had taken a measurement on the rear of my car before I changed the rear springs. I'm trying to determine how much I've dropped it, but curious where it sits now in relation to the CFTP springs. Thanks for playing.

Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
Reactions: AZ21GT500

Registered
2018 GT350
This is the kind of measurement he's looking for. From the ground, through the center cap, and to the lip of the fender. This provides a consistent and reliable metric for measuring changes in suspension.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is the kind of measurement he's looking for. From the ground, through the center cap, and to the lip of the fender. This provides a consistent and reliable metric for measuring changes in suspension.

View attachment 235746
Exactly! That's where the spring is located. Subtle changes front to rear can influence front and rear measurements and not realiable for what I'm hoping to accomplish. But in the end, how bad it scrapes on the front splitter will have some amount of influence.

Registered

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, @QSK50. Your front/rear measurements are identical best I can tell. I just measured my rear and it's at 27 3/8", so I dropped it .5". My front end is sitting where yours sits for now. It just looks a lot lower unless you bend down low enough to see the top of the tire at eye level.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

Knowing that I've only dropped it 1/2", I'm going to leave it be. The front gap is huge. It would be nice if one of the CFTP guys broke out their yard sticks and gave us some data.

#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
Thanks, @QSK50. Your front/rear measurements are identical best I can tell. I just measured my rear and it's at 27 3/8", so I dropped it .5". My front end is sitting where yours sits for now. It just looks a lot lower unless you bend down low enough to see the top of the tire at eye level.

View attachment 235821

Knowing that I've only dropped it 1/2", I'm going to leave it be. The front gap is huge. It would be nice if one of the CFTP guys broke out their yard sticks and gave us some data.
Timmy?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
While any data is welcome, I'm not sure how much Tim's wheel spacers and camber settings could alter the result from a stock sitting vehicle. I'd like to get some data from an unaltered CFTP car.

Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
Fuel load for the rear measurements?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
With a 16 gallon max capacity, I don't think it will skew the results that much. FWIW, I have 1/2 tank for my rear measurement. No idea how much fuel I had in the pic. Spring rates on these cars are fairly high too.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts