Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 SVTPP with a heavy dose of 2013 components
7,302 Posts
I don't find the rev hang is bad as my Shelby was delivered (i.e. stock setting). Some tuners increase it, but I find anything more than stock very annoying. A higher rev hang can be intentional or unintentional. If you tell your tuner you don't want that characteristic and he can't fix it, you might ought to talk with someone else.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,429 Posts
I don't find the rev hang is bad as my Shelby was delivered (i.e. stock setting). Some tuners increase it, but I find anything more than stock very annoying. A higher rev hang can be intentional or unintentional. If you tell your tuner you don't want that characteristic and he can't fix it, you might ought to talk with someone else.
I've noticed that our 2017 BMW 340i does the same thing, and it is turbo-charged. If you hit it hard in any gear for a few seconds and then abruptly let off the throttle, it will rev lag for a few seconds before settling back down. I guess the same principle is being applied for emissions.

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,469 Posts
I think it also aids smoother shifting. If the rpms dropped rapidly when you lift while depressing the clutch, your clutch/accelerator timing would have to be more precise to get a smooth transition. There is a limit to what's helpful though. After my last tune update at SF19 my rpms would hang too much while shifting and when coming to a stop. The tuner updated my tune, and all was normal again.

Reactions: 03reptile
1 - 5 of 5 Posts