Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm just wondering, does any know how often aftermarket header bolts should be retightened? Or whether or not they should be retorqued at all after installation.

I have Kook's Long Tube and I'm wondering should I have them retorqued after so many miles.

Thanks

flipmo

·
Registered
861 Posts
I would drive it a couple times and then go back in and tighten them up a little more.....then probably check them once a year. That is just what I would do. I am not sayin it is the right thing to do, but only what I would do.

JJ

·
Registered
53 Posts
Headers!!?!

I think you are one of the few to spring for headers. Please share your impressions. Someone told me that installing headers would be like lowering your boast by 2+lbs and the loss outweighed the gain. Talk to me...

·
Registered
861 Posts
Headers!!?!

I think you are one of the few to spring for headers. Please share your impressions. Someone told me that installing headers would be like lowering your boast by 2+lbs and the loss outweighed the gain. Talk to me...

WHAT??????? New to me......I don't think that is a correct statement! But I don't know everything!

JJ

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Headers!!?!

Hi CajunCobra. Hmmmmm, well I did my research before hand and a lot of Shelby GT500 owners are running headers. Some are running JBA, STEEDA, Mustang SLP Coated, etc... I went with the Kooks Long Tube personally and love them. It definitely allowed it to breath better and mainly improves the torque ratings from my research. Oh, sound also.

That's just me and I'm satified with them. Check the sites out and you'll find that yes, people are changing them out.

flip

1 - 5 of 5 Posts