Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the forum. I bought my wife a 2008 GT500 for our anniversary and I need to do a little deferred maintenance on it. Both visors need to be replaced because of fading and the drivers side seatbelt is weak. Where would y’all recommend I shop for these parts? It seems there are not a lot of options available. Thanks for your help.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,190 Posts
Hey guys, new to the forum. I bought my wife a 2008 GT500 for our anniversary and I need to do a little deferred maintenance on it. Both visors need to be replaced because of fading and the drivers side seatbelt is weak. Where would y’all recommend I shop for these parts? It seems there are not a lot of options available. Thanks for your help.
I am assuming you have a vert with the faded sun visors. I had the same problem in one of my previous Terminator verts. The prior owner often parked the car with the top down and the sun visors flipped up. This sun-bleached the top sides of the visors. I actually got some dye from Walmart and sprayed it on to make them darker again. It worked fairly decently. I later came across a couple of NOS sun visors and bought them though.

You can always check with a dealer to see if those parts are available. Have them check nation-wide inventories as there may be a set at some dealer around the country. Also do the same for the seatbelt. I use AutoNation Ford in White Bear Lake MN for my parts purchases... they do cost +10%.

If you can’t find them new, holler at these guys:

Also, TMI Interiors makes a lot of Mustang interior stuff, but I’m betting these cars aren’t old enough for aftermarket sun visors yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am assuming you have a vert with the faded sun visors. I had the same problem in one of my previous Terminator verts. The prior owner often parked the car with the top down and the sun visors flipped up. This sun-bleached the top sides of the visors. I actually got some dye from Walmart and sprayed it on to make them darker again. It worked fairly decently. I later came across a couple of NOS sun visors and bought them though.

You can always check with a dealer to see if those parts are available. Have them check nation-wide inventories as there may be a set at some dealer around the country. Also do the same for the seatbelt. I use AutoNation Ford in White Bear Lake MN for my parts purchases... they do cost +10%.

If you can’t find them new, holler at these guys:

Also, TMI Interiors makes a lot of Mustang interior stuff, but I’m betting these cars aren’t old enough for aftermarket sun visors yet.
Haha, that's exactly right about the visors. Thanks for the input, I'll check with my dealer first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts