Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the oil for the first time this weekend. I remembered reading about everyone complaining about oil going everywhere, and thinking you guys were just whining. I did shove a garbage bag up in the to catch some, but holy crap that is a lot of oil that goes everywhere...lol. What a stupid design, couldn't they have moved it back a couple inches? It makes me want to go out and buy a lift for my garage...lol. I think one of our vendors needs to design us a tray to catch the oil, and direct it to the pan. On the next one, I'm going to try a dustpan held upside down with a hose over the handle to try and catch it. Just thought I'd bring the topic up again to see if anyone has new solutions.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Are you talking about the drain plug or the filter? Try punching a hole in the bottom of the oil filter with a pick, this gives you a controllable stream of oil, them when you take it off you don't have oil going everywhere and the filter is empty. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
861 Posts
I just layed a bunch of shop rags over the lower A-arm to catch the oil. I didn't get any on the car. the rags got it all.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I was gonna punch a hole in it, but I thought "How bad could it be?" Well, I learned...lol. I found the other thread too, the oil dri pads aren't a bad idea to catch whatever gets away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts