Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
8,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this earlier today and it's taken me a while to follow up on it and secure one. I don't know if they short handed or super busy today, but I just got through snagging a 69mm for myself.

Font Number Screenshot Document

These are display models or returns for whatever reason sent back to VMP. There are $800 new and these refurbished units have no warranty on the electronics and there are no returns. That really doesn't scare me since I have several throttle bodies sitting around my shop. Anyway, I thought I'd pass it along. I'll post an update when I get it. They're said to be tested and fully functional.

·
Registered
2009 Alloy Metallic Gt500
96 Posts
Hmm, I’ve been on the fence about getting either the VMP 67mm or a Ford Racing 65mm Cobra Jet. This makes things more interesting. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
8,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It came in Wednesday, but I'm just getting around to unboxing it and inspecting it. Looks new to me. I can tell it's been mounted before, but if it has any other blemishes, I can't find them.

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
21 Posts
It came in Wednesday, but I'm just getting around to unboxing it and inspecting it. Looks new to me. I can tell it's been mounted before, but if it has any other blemishes, I can't find them.
Good to know. I just bought a 67mm today. Hope it is in perfect or near perfect condition. I too will let everyone know how it looks when I receive it.

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
21 Posts
I received mine on Wednesday. I too can tell it has been bolted on, it's not perfect, but it is in really good condition. Overall, I'm good with the purchase.

·
Registered
2010 Kona Blue VMP Gen2R
180 Posts
I have several of the VMP throttle bodies (new ones) and over time I notice that I get discoloration of the outside chroming as if it is reacting to the heat or nearby components. I can never get them completely clean again once this process starts on the outside surface.

·
Premium Member
8,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The throttle body itself is polished aluminum. It takes a good bit a routine maintenance to keep it looking that way. The actuator motor will lose it's luster permanently over time.

·
Registered
2010 Kona Blue VMP Gen2R
180 Posts
The throttle body itself is polished aluminum. It takes a good bit a routine maintenance to keep it looking that way. The actuator motor will lose it's luster permanently over time.
Sorry, meant polished aluminum....but even with different mild cleansers I could never remove all the discoloration, maybe a polishing wheel would have done it but too risky and time consuming. I think I had the same issue with the Ford Cobra Jet body before I sold it. All my actuator motors lost their luster pretty quickly even with wax coatings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts