Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this when I picked up the car in April, but had forgotten about it. See attached picks for a better description of the problem. I may be using improper terminology, but it looks like some fluid, perhaps fuel, leaked or is leaking around the tube that goes between the fuel rails (up and over the SC). See pics attached. Any one else have these stains, and/or know what may have caused them?

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ive had that on my car since day 1. Think every GT500 ive seen has the discolored rails. Dont think its anything to worry about.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive had that on my car since day 1. Think every GT500 ive seen has the discolored rails. Dont think its anything to worry about.
Thanks BroodNV, glad to hear others have these stains as well, I guess....

:bandit:

I might be getting a little obsessive about this car, it's a disease....:cowtounge:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Mine has this discoloration also, but no concerns.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I've got it too. Very ugly. Need to replace them with something that looks better.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's better; but for me the engine work starts this winter.......First the suspension (if I can get the accountant to cut loose with just one more K or so this summer), then the additional ponies over the winter..... I'm still scaring myself with what I've got now. :roller:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Those are purdy. I don't like chrome so much, so I would probably go with the black...possibly have them powder coated blue (because blue is faster).

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Those are purdy. I don't like chrome so much, so I would probably go with the black...possibly have them powder coated blue (because blue is faster).
I'm not a fan of chrome, either. I thought these looked better than the black when installed.

I'll let your color comment slide, as you obviosly have issues that should be addressed by a professional.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not a fan of chrome, either. I thought these looked better than the black when installed.

I'll let your color comment slide, as you obviosly have issues that should be addressed by a professional.
Orf, what do you think of the Vogtland lowering springs for these cars? See my thread J&M Suspension Products for details of what I'm doing. I'm looking for feedback from the usual suspects. :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

everyone KNOWS RED is the fastest color, just ask any cop. :cowtounge:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
The Evo fuel rails are a nice product, but $429 seems a bit steep. Does anyone know of other outfits that offer a good fuel rail for the GT500?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts