Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The check engine light just came on and the dealer says they can't help - too many mods (Kenne-Bell, MAF etc). Who are the local guys that you all trust to do get the job done? I tried a thread search but probably didn't word it well. Any and all help is greatly appreciated
Terry

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
The check engine light just came on and the dealer says they can't help - too many mods (Kenne-Bell, MAF etc). Who are the local guys that you all trust to do get the job done? I tried a thread search but probably didn't word it well. Any and all help is greatly appreciated
Terry
well depending on your circumstance, get yourself a good quality code reader. it'll tell you whatever is going on. Most good ones have the code id built into them. but also, depending where you got the kit from, talk to them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate the info, I'll look into code readers. The bad news (for me) I bought the car from someone who bought the car from someone. I'm not even sure of how many or what mods there are - makes it even more exciting!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Check that the gas cap is on right don't just twist it to hear it click take it off and put it back again.
Also disconnect the battery for 5 minuets then hook it back up again that should clear the light. If it comes back on then you have a problem.
Did you not get a tune with the KB you may want to install the tune again. Bit try the first two things first

·
Registered
17 Posts
Try ST Motorsports in San Bernardino. Talk to Adam!

·
Registered
639 Posts
RET (Racers Edge Tuning) In Downey, ask for Greg.

Keep an eye on that Kenny Bell there seals suck...keep checking for oil.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts