Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Full disclosure - I'm a forum rookie here. I am the proud owner of a 2008 Vapor Silver GT500 and I'd like to upgrade the handling, gears and shifter but would prefer to take it to a trusted dealership or shop in Houston for the installation. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

James

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Farmers Branch is regrettably ~220 miles from Houston. But if you wanted to make it a weekend in DFW, they could do it!

If you are moderately mechanically apt it should take nothing more than time and tools to install springs, shocks, struts, sway bars and the shifter. Gears require some knowledge and comfort using the special tools necessary for the install.

·
Registered
160 Posts
You could stick with the ford racing parts installed by the dealer and ford would still cover the warranty. I would recommend the frpp handling pack, handles good plus looks a lot better lowered, 3.73 gears and the frpp shifter.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I would just make the trip to Quantaum for work!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies - I will talk to Quantum Performance. I'm also talking with Tommy Vaughn Ford in Houston - any experiences with installation?

·
Registered
986 Posts
Thanks for the replies - I will talk to Quantum Performance. I'm also talking with Tommy Vaughn Ford in Houston - any experiences with installation?
I'm also talking to Tommy Vaughn Ford - which way did you go?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went with Tommy Vaughn. Talk to Shane.

They did a great job - the car is absolutely awesome to drive with the mods I had done.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Let me know if you find a nice place to dyno your car on a dyno jet...somewhere in houston. I havent had mine pulled since I put the new goodies on it so I am anxious to find out what I gained.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Let me know if you find a nice place to dyno your car on a dyno jet...somewhere in houston. I havent had mine pulled since I put the new goodies on it so I am anxious to find out what I gained.
Autograf - visit www.autograf.net for more info.

·
Registered
238 Posts
wow...thats a really nice website. Im going to check them out for sure

·
Registered
986 Posts
Autograf Signature Automobiles

www.autograf.net

They really know thier stuff. They've been modifying Mustangs for more than 20 years.

·
Registered
986 Posts
There's fast-lane down there they do custom tunes and install parts.
Yep. In fact Autograf used to be in the same building and now they're right across the private drive. It's a very cool layout because both companies work together to give the customer the best possible setup. Another very good thing is they provide excellent customer service.

I'd loke to point out that this company was recommended to me by another board member who had great results as well.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yep. In fact Autograf used to be in the same building and now they're right across the private drive. It's a very cool layout because both companies work together to give the customer the best possible setup. Another very good thing is they provide excellent customer service.
Agree 100%. Had a very good experience with them after purchasing my car from Lone Star Ford in N. Houston. ... and I'm in the DFW area.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts