Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got in the mail a recall that states -(During an airbag deployment, if a small female in the front passenger seat is not wearing the safety belt, and has the seat in the full forward position, there may be an increased potential for neck injury).

To address the this issue, Ford Motor Company has authorized your dealer to reprogram the restraint Control Module free of charge.

One question why does it have to be a small female what about a small male???

Did anyone else get this notice?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Breasts put them closer to the air bag?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Just got in the mail a recall that states -(During an airbag deployment, if a small female in the front passenger seat is not wearing the safety belt, and has the seat in the full forward position, there may be an increased potential for neck injury).

To address the this issue, Ford Motor Company has authorized your dealer to reprogram the restraint Control Module free of charge.

Kerry that is a legitimate recall.According to Government standards the S197 deploys at a higher rate of pressure than they want it.(I hope I worded it right)The dealership will replace the air bag module.This affects my profit sharing,I mean all S197 Mustangs.:info-smilie:They said reprogram?It is not programmable.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
So this has nothing to do w/ breasts??

·
Registered
2008 Red Super Snake, 2019 Mustang GT
462 Posts
I already had mine done about 2 weeks ago. I was told it was a simple reprogram of the module and would take about 30 minutes.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

I just received the same recall notice today.

And yes it says reprogram the Restraint Control Module.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
How about those who wear a Man-bra? After all it is a Co-bra.:roller: Time for the hook.:ack:

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I already had mine done about 2 weeks ago. I was told it was a simple reprogram of the module and would take about 30 minutes.

If I had this done I would be in trouble.

Because my Co Pilot would think I have been giving small women rides in the car.:thinkerg:

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I just received the same recall notice today.

And yes it says reprogram the Restraint Control Module.

Ok I must be wrong:info-smilie:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
If the module isn't programable maybe Ford is just issuing a sticker applied to the pass air bag that says..........

NO SHORT FEMALES (or Gay men ) ALLOWED IN THE FRONT SEAT.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
i guess if we stick with small breasted big woman its not a concern

LLoyd

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
i guess if we stick with small breasted big woman its not a concern

LLoyd

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts

Just got mine today also.:bandit:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Took about 15 minutes to get done. Wife inquired about any short thin females in my life - told her not to worry.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts