Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2021 AntiMatter Blue HPTP
69 Posts
It’s my understanding that they can build 650+ per month depending on how many NON Shelby Mustangs are on the line at the same time. I’ve heard as many as 750 built in 1 month. The Chassis numbers are sequential so they go in order 1-4400 following each other. Unless there’s an issue and a car gets pulled out of line for various reasons. The VIN numbers are all over the place because they build all Mustang’s on the same line and it’s mixed up.
In the big scheme of things, 650+ in a month is very impressive.

·
Super Moderator
3,277 Posts
In the big scheme of things, 650+ in a month is very impressive.
I’ve watched countless videos on YouTube from the production line. It’s very impressive how fast they assemble the cars. It’s worth a watch if you haven’t seen them. You’ll understand that they might be doing 650+ GT500’s but there’s 2-3 other Mustangs between each GT500.

received this from a friend Month by month numbers.

Font Rectangle Parallel Number Screenshot

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
1,067 Posts
I’ve watched countless videos on YouTube from the production line. It’s very impressive how fast they assemble the cars. It’s worth a watch if you haven’t seen them. You’ll understand that they might be doing 650+ GT500’s but there’s 2-3 other Mustangs between each GT500.

received this from a friend Month by month numbers.

View attachment 243179
Agreed it is very impressive watching those assembly line videos, I curious how Tim and others got videos of there actually car being built that's awesome

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
44,112 Posts
I heard 5000 a year
That was the initial target by Ford. 2020 ended up with something like 5800 if I recall correctly.

Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

·
2021 GT500 CFTP Iconic Silver Black POTS
116 Posts
Recall of certain gt500 I have actually experience problem with check engine.
When going through 2nd to 3rd its acting up weird .they change Trans but never change same check engine and wrench 🛠. So I got an update from dealer regarding tcm. I am uploading the picture. Hopefully it works for my 2020 gt500 View attachment 242972
I received the same recall notice the last time I took my 2021 GT 500 in for service.
I have to ask, have you done anything to possibly affect the emissions or TCM tuning on the car (ie) downloading stock tune file, loading aftermarket tune, tcm tune, or even cold air intake?

I have checked at Ford's website and my vin # does not show to be part of the recall.

Just curious

Thanks!

·
116 Posts
I received the same recall notice the last time I took my 2021 GT 500 in for service.
I have to ask, have you done anything to possibly affect the emissions or TCM tuning on the car (ie) downloading stock tune file, loading aftermarket tune, tcm tune, or even cold air intake?

I have checked at Ford's website and my vin # does not show to be part of the recall.

Just curious

Thanks!
Attachment 1 (page 1 of 2) Emission Recall 22E08 (under the heading OASIS Activation) there is a date listed for OASIS Activation. I'm curious as to what your date is.

Can anyone here tell me what the acronyms FSA and OASIS refer to in this recall?

Thanks in advance.

Stephen

Reactions: simba47

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
1,067 Posts
Attachment 1 (page 1 of 2) Emission Recall 22E08 (under the heading OASIS Activation) there is a date listed for OASIS Activation. I'm curious as to what your date is.

Can anyone here tell me what the acronyms FSA and OASIS refer to in this recall?

Thanks in advance.

Stephen
I found this for the meaning of FSA and OASIS, hope that helps Stephen.

Ford On-line Automotive Service Information System (OASIS) database.

·
116 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
1,067 Posts
Thank you so much Thomas!

Really like your Race Red GT 500. AWESOME CAR!
Thank you, please post some photos of your Silver GT500 Mistress (y) :love:

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
1,067 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,277 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
1,067 Posts

·
116 Posts
Thank you, please post some photos of your Silver GT500 Mistress (y) :love:
I don't have any good pictures, a good camera, or even a cell phone to take any. I'll try to get my wife to snap a couple tomorrow with her phone.
Congrats on being picked Ride of the Month. Beautiful car you have.

·
116 Posts
When I brought my car (built feb 2021) in for warranty repairs a couple weeks ago they notified me of an active recall (22E08 TCM & PCM reprogram).
Ryan has your car been altered in any way or is it "bone-stock"?

·
Super Moderator
3,277 Posts
I don't have any good pictures, a good camera, or even a cell phone to take any. I'll try to get my wife to snap a couple tomorrow with her phone.
Congrats on being picked Ride of the Month. Beautiful car you have.
Yes we require pictures 😂😂

• Haha
21 - 40 of 49 Posts