Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend, I had the Shelby out on the highway enroute to a mini-meet. At one point, I downshifted from 5th to 4th to pass. After the downshift, I hammered the throttle. I could hear the blower whine, but I was not near redline. Then I hit a piece of uneven pavement, and while the car was under power, the rear end hopped. It may have moved laterally a couple of inches, although it felt like a lot more than that. Has anyone else exerienced this? After the crash in my GT (caused by a skittish rear end), I'm getting very leery of the Mustang rear suspension. Will a Watts link help?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Jon, I don't think the rear axle can move laterally that far. It may seem like it though! A watts link will definitely help that "duck walk" feeling going over bumps or "woopty doos" I'm saving my pennies for a watts link myself. You should also notice better launches having one installed :)
joe

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Hey there,

If you are considering a Saleen Watts Link, and the car is a coupe I can make you a great deal on one. Have 3 of them in stock.

If interested, either PM me here, give me a call (866-278-8287 x134) or shoot me an e-mail ([email protected])

Thanks Much

Page

1 - 3 of 3 Posts