Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the letters finally, and you can reuse the old ones just be careful when you take them off. A blow dryer or heat gun is a definite must. It was a pain to peel off the old Double side tape off the letters,:( but the finished product is so much better looking. Thanks Bill (Snoop Dog) for the Photo w measurements. :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Did the letters finally, and you can reuse the old ones just be careful when you take them off. A blow dryer or heat gun is a definite must. It was a pain to peel off the old Double side tape off the letters,:( but the finished product is so much better looking. Thanks Bill (Snoop Dog) for the Photo w measurements. :D

Yes it looks alot better.I got my measurements from Cal,thanks bud.:D

·
Premium Member
672 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Your welcome. Mine were on too long to reuse. The new set was only $31 though.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Your welcome. Mine were on too long to reuse. The new set was only $31 though.

Your measurements look the same as mine. I think I got mine from Ati on SU.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Your measurements look the same as mine. I think I got mine from Ati on SU.
I first saw the measurements on Stangs in a post by Bonedoc. I think a lot of people used those measurements.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 3M tape adheres very well just took a while to trim properly for the letters. At least I won't have to worry about them coming off.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
That looks too much like work.:(

·
Premium Member
672 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That looks too much like work.:(
Nothing to it, Removing the left over adhesive with GOO GONE from the left side took some wiping several times, But about $7.00 at Wally World for tape and Adhesive remover and thats it. Be patient everyone heating and removing the letters gradually, so you don't bend them and ruin em.:cool:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Nothing to it, Removing the left over adhesive with GOO GONE from the left side took some wiping several times, But about $7.00 at Wally World for tape and Adhesive remover and thats it. Be patient everyone heating and removing the letters gradually, so you don't bend them and ruin em.:cool:
brian

those really look good .... i just saw a red coupe on this thread and it makes wonder .... hadnt planned on changing the rear shelby logo ....

BUT I LIKE !!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
brian

those really look good .... i just saw a red coupe on this thread and it makes wonder .... hadnt planned on changing the rear shelby logo ....

BUT I LIKE !!!!
This is the 2007 Prototype, of course the brake light is changed, compared to the production model, The lettering looks so much better like this I think.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Do the OEM letters use the same 3M doublesided tape as you used? I just don't want something thats too thick.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Joe the kind I bought at Walmart is 3M All purpose and is about the same thickness as the stuff I peeled off. Sits nice and flush :D
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Do the OEM letters use the same 3M doublesided tape as you used? I just don't want something thats too thick.
The 3M tape does come in multiple thicknesses, ask Mastersmech1.:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
oh man I like that look!

gonna do it to mine! what measurements do you speak of? where can i find these? I was gonna eyeball it :eek: when I do it.

cheers
Drew

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
oh man I like that look!

gonna do it to mine! what measurements do you speak of? where can i find these? I was gonna eyeball it :eek: when I do it.

cheers
Drew
See my post #4 on this thread.:)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts