Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question.
On the early models shown the word SHELBY was across the lower truck decklid,centered on the back, as opposed to it being offsetto the left. When I call SVT they said it was because the letters did not stick well to the vinyl.

If the stripe delete option is taken, is it possible to have the letters on the truck decklid as originally shown?
As they were in the 60's.

If you have any insite on this please advise.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I have a question.
On the early models shown the word SHELBY was across the lower truck decklid,centered on the back, as opposed to it being offsetto the left. When I call SVT they said it was because the letters did not stick well to the vinyl.

If the stripe delete option is taken, is it possible to have the letters on the truck decklid as originally shown?
As they were in the 60's.

If you have any insite on this please advise.

No you can't even pay for that unless you go to Carroll Shelby.I would like that also but you only have 1 choice from the factory.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the question remains, how can Shelby get the letters to stick and Ford cannot?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
So the question remains, how can Shelby get the letters to stick and Ford cannot?
Maybe the stripers want to do striping and not lettering as they have enough to worry about?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I can get the letters to stick.Thats not the issue.I think Shelby/Ford have an agreement on what each other can do with the Shelby/Mustang.Shelby goes across the deck lid and Ford is on the left side,period.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts

I hope we are not going to loose you in Ford's musical chairs as that would be not only a great loss but a travesty! Please tell me it is not so?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

I hope we are not going to loose you in Ford's musical chairs as that would be not only a great loss but a travesty! Please tell me it is not so?
They tell me NO, I tell you NO but there is no guarantee in life.I always ask the BIG GUY to help in these kinds of situations.I am going to go out on a limb here but I think I am ok for about 5 years,but pure speculation.Thanks for your caring!........................07..................................

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
They tell me NO, I tell you NO but there is no guarantee in life.I always ask the BIG GUY to help in these kinds of situations.I am going to go out on a limb here but I think I am ok for about 5 years,but pure speculation.Thanks for your caring!........................07..................................
I pick up my ride tomorrow but now I can sleep tonight and I mean that with all sincerity! You are this Forum!!!!!!!! After all you did not earn the designation Super Moderator for nothing.:D:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts