Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I like those. What other info do you have on them? Correct offset? sizes available? cost/wheel? any color other than chrome?

thanks,

Dave
Here ya go Dave!!! Not sure if they will fit the GT500 or not.

http://www.ctrwheels.com/chrome.htm

2005+
18x9" Black
weight 26 lbs. /offset 38mm/
backspace 6.4 " $160

18x10" Black
weight 28 lbs. /offset 42mm/
backspace 7.2 " $210

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Give me some opinion on these...
I like them. They look like they would be pretty easy to keep clean also.

Make sure they will fit the GT500 before you buy though.

Cal

·
Registered
31 Posts
I like the wheels also, and am considering them.

I think the 10" back wheels will stick out about 3/8" more than our stock wheels, which is why I am hesitant, but I may be mistaken here.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Thanks 90GT! Those are neat. The offset for the 18 x 10" says 42mm...I'll have to do some research. Cost isn't too bad. I'm in no hurry for wheels, but these will be on my short list...I think the gunmetal may look good on an Alloy car.

Dave

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks 90GT! Those are neat. The offset for the 18 x 10" says 42mm...I'll have to do some research. Cost isn't too bad. I'm in no hurry for wheels, but these will be on my short list...I think the gunmetal may look good on an Alloy car.

Dave
That would look good. I want an Alloy car with a Satin Silver lower stripe and all black wheels. Now if I can only hit the lottery.

Edit: Saw on Evolutions site that they have factory GT500 wheels with a black center. Would look hot and very different.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Saw on Evolutions site that they have factory GT500 wheels with a black center. Would look hot and very different.
FRPP offers those, too. I just wish someone would get the manufacturer to produce an 11" stock style rim.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Not a fan of stock style wheels on a GT500.
Those on a 03 Cobra, yea, but I think the GT500 warrants a high end wheel.
Shelby, Boze, CCW, True Forged are all killer wheel companies.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Give me some opinion on these...

Tough call John, they look good, but once again hard to say without seeing them on the car. I kinda agree w/ Jay, you can't put just any rim on this car.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Tough call John, they look good, but once again hard to say without seeing them on the car. I kinda agree w/ Jay, you can't put just any rim on this car.
That's why I'm waiting for something I really like in an 18" x9.5 front an an 18" x10.5 or 11 for the rear.

Either polished Forged Aluminum or painted silver with polished rim and of course the proper offset's to keep them tucked in the wheel well.

The only wheels that seem to meet these criteria are made by the custom wheel manufacturers like Jay mentioned.

Right now the ones that I think are the best for the price and looks are from CCW and True Forged.

Until I'm absolutly sure I will just wait . Maybe something that I like and meets all my demands will be made available in time. All I need is
and

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
That's why I'm waiting for something I really like in an 18" x9.5 front an an 18" x10.5 or 11 for the rear.

Either polished Forged Aluminum or painted silver with polished rim and of course the proper offset's to keep them tucked in the wheel well.

The only wheels that seem to meet these criteria are made by the custom wheel manufacturers like Jay mentioned.

Right now the ones that I think are the best for the price and looks are from CCW and True Forged.

Until I'm absolutly sure I will just wait . Maybe something that I like and meets all my demands will be made available in time. All I need is
and
Did you read my mind? This is exactly how I'm thinking on this car....except I like the Razors. If they came in 11" wide rear (or even 10.5"), I'd buy those instead of that pearl necklace for Terry. :p

·
Premium Member
7,302 Posts
Not a fan of stock style wheels on a GT500.
Those on a 03 Cobra, yea, but I think the GT500 warrants a high end wheel.
Shelby, Boze, CCW, True Forged are all killer wheel companies.

Just my opinion.
It bugs me that the Shelby C66 and C67 don't fit. The 69s do but they're a modern version of Magnum 500s and just don't look right. I'd love a set of 66 or 67s with spinners.

bj

·
Registered
359 Posts
I think the wheels are sharp. Let us know how they fit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Like the look and have had that webpage bookmarked for some time.

Been thinking about those CTRs for awhile. Guess no one has them yet or they dont fit

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well, I bit the bullet and ordered some different wheels for the GT500. I’ve never been a big fan of the stock “wagon wheel” style that is on the car, so I knew I would end up doing something eventually.

My first thoughts were to go with one of the higher-end wheels from a company like Boze, CCW, Tru-Forged, etc. but the more I thought about, the less this idea appealed to me. Here is why.

1) Cost. If this car were a garage queen and seldom saw any road time, then this would not be a big issue. However, since I like to drive my car, and anything can happen when you do, I really didn’t want to run an expensive wheel that I would absolutely get sick over if it were to get any sort of curb rash or pitting.
2) Maintenance. I had a set of polished Boze wheels on my 2005 GT. Like Josh and other who run similar wheels can attest, they look awesome but require a tremendous amount of work to keep looking good. Again, if my car were a garage queen, this would not be an issue.

After considering these two things, I opted to take a different route, at least for now. I knew I did not want any rim with a diameter bigger than 19”’, not only for weight reasons, but I needed a wheel that they actually make a drag radial for. (FTR, I also think anything larger than 19” on a passenger car looks horrible anyway.) I also wanted the wheel to have a design and finish that would require minimal effort to maintain. There was also the issue with getting a wheel that would clear the Brembo’s in front. Here is what I settled on:

I went with an 18x9 in the front and an 18x10 in the rear. I should receive them next week and once I have everything mounted and balanced, I’ll post up pics of them on the car.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts