Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody plan on road racing your Shelby GT 500?Would you if you had the chance?I'm talking about an open road or closed course.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I'm going to VIR in May.

http://www.virclub.com/

I was supposed to go to a 1/4 track yesterday, but the threat of rain stopped that...and of course it didn't rain. My nerves are shot at the moment anyway...

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Anybody plan on road racing your Shelby GT 500?Would you if you had the chance?I'm talking about an open road or closed course.
I would do it if convenient, but it's not my main goal and I won't drive 8 hours to do it. I think they are building a place up near Chicago...so I might do that once.

Dave

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
The car is just so darn purty. I couldn't stand the idea of scratching it up at a track. But that is just me.

Stay away from the wall! :lol:

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I would do it if convenient, but it's not my main goal and I won't drive 8 hours to do it. I think they are building a place up near Chicago...so I might do that once.

Dave
Just keep using your cornfield raceway. :bandit:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ran at road America last summer and will probably do it again this summer.

Was a blast and burned a tank of gas in 45 minutes.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Wow Dave your up early this morning......feeding the Goats....?
Funny you should say that. Our dog...er...uh...goat actually burps after she eats...funniest thing you ever will see. She does it every time, sometimes louder than others. I'll have to see if I can get it on video and post it for the "Sunday night show". :banana_hitit:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well, after enduring a few long, winding roads with a couple of vettes in a cruise, I'll stick to the dragstrip myself. Lots of fun, but my car is not set up for road courses. I know that now...

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Well, after enduring a few long, winding roads with a couple of vettes in a cruise, I'll stick to the dragstrip myself. Lots of fun, but my car is not set up for road courses. I know that now...
We can help you change that?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Thanks, but I'll stick to the dragstrip!!! I've gotta post up the mods so yall know what I've got. I'll work on that now!
Jay, What kinda of times have you run and what mods do you have?

JJ

·
Registered
184 Posts
Good Day Shelby Fans:

If you are interested in getting your car on a road course, just a quick note to invite any drivers out there to join MVP Track Time for track days in 2008. You can find us at www.MVPTrackTime.com We are open to all makes of cars and convertibles that meet the rules.

Our 2008 track days (so far) are as follows:

April 21 - Putnam Park (Near Indianapolis) [Tax Freedom Track Day – SOLD OUT!!]
May 9 - Summit Point (West Virginia) [Private Corporate Event – SOLD OUT!]
June 2 - Autobahn Country Club (Near Joliet, IL.) - SOLD OUT!
August 18 - Autobahn Country Club
September 13 & 14 - Blackhawk Farms (Near Beloit, WI) [Our 1st Weekend Event]
October 20 - Summit Point (West Virginia) [Private Corporate Event]

Both Autobahn dates are once again the entire 3.56 mile road course. None of this namby-pamby 1/2 track stuff. Registration with Pay Pal, credit card or via downloadable form (mail in check) is available at:

http://www.MVPTrackTime.com/id47.html

If you have any questions feel free to contact me at [email protected]. Happy Motoring and I'll see you at the track!

Mark "Feff" Pfeffer

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm going to Gingerman road course this weekend Looking forward to it

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I'm going to Gingerman road course this weekend Looking forward to it

Ford is bringing a couple of 2008 GT500 KR's to Gingerman.They will be giving rides to people.:roller:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well I just got an email from a local open road race that has added to the schedule a 1/2 mile drag race-no timers-hand start-[Pinks style]pick your opponent,at a local airport runway.then a 55 mile open road race[timed]on the following sat morn.sounds like a blast.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts