Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500 Carbonized Gray
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if there are aftermarket and/or Shelby Race harnesses that I can buy for my Recaro Seats in my 2021 GT500?
Thanks everyone!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
32,587 Posts
There are different options. I believe there is a harness bar you can temporarily install and I believe there are harnesses that clip into the rear seat belts if I’m not mistaken. I went the “all in” route and added a roll bar and harness. It’s a nice setup for the track as it really locks you down.

These cars pull some serious Gs. Even with the Recaros, I found myself bracing on the steering wheel as well as with my legs against the door and center console. You finish the day exhausted from the workout. With a harness, you don’t move around and you can race much more relaxed.

Reactions: DKnight

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are different options. I believe there is a harness bar you can temporarily install and I believe there are harnesses that clip into the rear seat belts if I’m not mistaken. I went the “all in” route and added a roll bar and harness. It’s a nice setup for the track as it really locks you down.

These cars pull some serious Gs. Even with the Recaros, I found myself bracing on the steering wheel as well as with my legs against the door and center console. You finish the day exhausted from the workout. With a harness, you don’t move around and you can race much more relaxed.

damn those are sick! Yea the roll bar would be nice, however, I use my backseats! Any idea where to track these harness/adapters? I can’t find anything. It has to exist?!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,587 Posts
damn those are sick! Yea the roll bar would be nice, however, I use my backseats! Any idea where to track these harness/adapters? I can’t find anything. It has to exist?!
I know nothing about the harness bars, but Google turned up this:

As for the lap belt... there are different ways to connect them to the car. This is what I am using:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That’s legit, Goose! Looks easy enough!
Ps- when I get healed up, I have to invite myself out to you! I’ve only dreamed of owning a Shelby and riding/chatting with someone as knowledgeable as you! My arm is in a f’n sling right now. Plus I have to see that 2011. That thing is sick!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,587 Posts
That’s legit, Goose! Looks easy enough!
Ps- when I get healed up, I have to invite myself out to you! I’ve only dreamed of owning a Shelby and riding/chatting with someone as knowledgeable as you! My arm is in a f’n sling right now. Plus I have to see that 2011. That thing is sick!
Heal up and holler! I’ll have you out to the toy bin.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 - Handling Package, Technology Package, Recaros, Forgeline
32 Posts
I came across these when trying to decide on my track set up.
They have an option that connects in to the rear seat belts.
No experience or knowledge of product performance.

Jeff
I just ordered these last week. Should be to me by the weekend so I'll post a report on them. One thing I'm trying to figure out is where they will bolt on the left side of the drivers seat.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,587 Posts
I just ordered these last week. Should be to me by the weekend so I'll post a report on them. One thing I'm trying to figure out is where they will bolt on the left side of the drivers seat.
@NerdyStats just did this mod in his 2013.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 and 2008 GT500
270 Posts
Sure did! It was super easy with the Schroth Quick Fit Pro harness. I'll snap a couple of pictures up this morning and post them up.
Jeff,

I saw this in your car this past weekend. Definitely sparked my interest.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts