Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a quick question for you. I had my GT500 delivered last Thursday night. After the driver unloaded the car, we noticed that the antenna was bent and the very top was severed off. The windshield was also broken (you could tell that it was caused by the antenna).

Anyway, I need to get the windshield replaced. Is there anything unique about the GT500 windshield vs a Mustang or Mustang GT?

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I already asked a local Ford dealer and they were unsure...They outsource their warranty work to a local glass company. The glass company did some research and they think they are the same. Dimension-wise I am sure either windshield will fit, I just want to make sure there isn't anything unique to the GT500 windshield. For instance, my 01 GT factory windshield has the running horse logo across the top...

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I have a quick question for you. I had my GT500 delivered last Thursday night. After the driver unloaded the car, we noticed that the antenna was bent and the very top was severed off. The windshield was also broken (you could tell that it was caused by the antenna).

Anyway, I need to get the windshield replaced. Is there anything unique about the GT500 windshield vs a Mustang or Mustang GT?

Thanks

Hmmmm,
Let me give you an answer you can use.I was 99% sure,but I went out to glass install and talked to the Final Dept Manager and yes ALL Mustang windshields are the same.They also have the running horse at the top in the middle.There are different rear view mirrors but all(V6,GT,CS and Shelby)windshields are the same.There are different rear windows though.
One thing that's odd though,but possible,the antenna 99.9% of the time is installed at the dealership.We usually ship them in the trunk.Hope this helps,hmmmmmmmmmmmm......................07..............................

·
Registered
155 Posts
hmmmmmmm
My car came off the truck with the antenna on. They must have put it on in the rail yard and cranked up the tunes.That should be worth 5000 more in 40 years.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the help:) !!!! I spoke with the glass company again and they too confirmed that the replacement glass will have the "running horse" logo.

The car I bought had been sitting on the showroom floor for a good while (I was not able to order my own GT500). I am sure the dealer installed the atenna for looks and forgot to take it off when the shipping company picked up the car. Of course, the trucking company blamed the dealer for this, but it is pretty clear that the driver must have hit a bridge or something to sever the top of the antenna off!!!

Very interesting about the rear windows being different. I would have ner thought that????

Thanks again and have a great day!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Thanks for all the help:) !!!! I spoke with the glass company again and they too confirmed that the replacement glass will have the "running horse" logo.

The car I bought had been sitting on the showroom floor for a good while (I was not able to order my own GT500). I am sure the dealer installed the atenna for looks and forgot to take it off when the shipping company picked up the car. Of course, the trucking company blamed the dealer for this, but it is pretty clear that the driver must have hit a bridge or something to sever the top of the antenna off!!!

Very interesting about the rear windows being different. I would have ner thought that????

Thanks again and have a great day!!!!

You're welcome.You have a nice day too.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hmmmm,
Let me give you an answer you can use.I was 99% sure,but I went out to glass install and talked to the Final Dept Manager and yes ALL Mustang windshields are the same.They also have the running horse at the top in the middle.There are different rear view mirrors but all(V6,GT,CS and Shelby)windshields are the same.There are different rear windows though.
One thing that's odd though,but possible,the antenna 99.9% of the time is installed at the dealership.We usually ship them in the trunk.Hope this helps,hmmmmmmmmmmmm......................07..............................
LOL. Was that in reply to my reply. Why would you take offense to it?? Kinda of childish response. Everyone should talk to their dealer first. Hmmmm dont ya think.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
LOL. Was that in reply to my reply. Why would you take offense to it?? Kinda of childish response. Everyone should talk to their dealer first. Hmmmm dont ya think.

No that wasn't my reply to you.It was my reply to the person that was asking for help.What I have found is the dealers don't know much about these cars thats why people ask a lot of questions.If that's childish so be it.I played this game with you when you were ssss07,not going to play any more.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
No that wasn't my reply to you.It was my reply to the person that was asking for help.What I have found is the dealers don't know much about these cars thats why people ask a lot of questions.If that's childish so be it.I played this game with you when you were ssss07,not going to play any more.
So you are going to take your tinny ball bearings I gave you from my tranny and go home.:D :D Just funnin 07. Have to add a bright side to all this.;)

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
So you are going to take your tinny ball bearings I gave you from my tranny and go home.:D :D Just funnin 07. Have to add a bright side to all this.;)
Did you get your tranny looked at?When they open it, give me my balls I'm going home.:D :D I try to help people out but it's hard when you have some people going out of their way to put a damper on things.Then 5 minutes later their brother shows up to be the same way.Gets old:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
155 Posts
hmmmmmmm
My car came off the truck with the antenna on. They must have put it on in the rail yard and cranked up the tunes.That should be worth 5000 more in 40 years.
I stand corrected! Called my dealer today and asked about the antenna being on the car. He told me that it was strange that it was on due to the fact they twist it on after it arrives. As I said above they needed to crank it up in the rail yard:confused:

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I stand corrected! Called my dealer today and asked about the antenna being on the car. He told me that it was strange that it was on due to the fact they twist it on after it arrives. As I said above they needed to crank it up in the rail yard:confused:

I wonder/wander what kind of music the R.R. workers listen to?I guess that would depend on whether you have Serius/serious radio or not?:D :D Some Mustangs do leave the plant with the antenna on if we do extensive road testing.It is done at random or if it is requested.:cool: That could explain a few things.:)

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hi 07 SHELBY,

This has probably been covered before, but I can't find it.

Do the seats on the coupe fold down so as to create more trunk space? :cool:

Need to know if there is room for 2 sets of golf clubs and 2 fold away Sun Mountain V1 push carts.

I ordered the Shaker 1000, so with that in mind.

Thanks. :)

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Hi 07 SHELBY,

This has probably been covered before, but I can't find it.

Do the seats on the coupe fold down so as to create more trunk space? :cool:

Need to know if there is room for 2 sets of golf clubs and 2 fold away Sun Mountain V1 push carts.

I ordered the Shaker 1000, so with that in mind.

Thanks. :)

No,but the whole back seat comes out easily.

·
Registered
933 Posts
07 SHELBY,

That settles it! I'll just have to go to the course solo (no one riding shotgun) and meet the rest of my foursome there. :D

Thanks for the quick response.

Arbour out! :)

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
07 SHELBY,

That settles it! I'll just have to go to the course solo (no one riding shotgun) and meet the rest of my foursome there. :D

Thanks for the quick response.

Arbour out! :)

Hit em straight and hit em long.

·
Registered
933 Posts
07 SHELBY,

Thanks. :D

I have no problem with the straight and long part, it's my short game that really hurts me. If I could only learn to get more control over my chipping and putting, I'd lower my current '16' handicap to a more respectable 10 or even into single digits. Yahooo! :D I hate three putts. :(

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I have trouble with my woods, irons and putter. But other than that, I play great golf. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
What is different about the REAR window?

I shot a 74 the other day....
On the Front 9.....:eek:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts