Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Here are the pics and recap of the MCA National Event in Topeka, KS:

On the way to Topeka from Ft Worth (500miles) I turned over 100K miles in the SuperSnake.

While driving on the track, I conducted an "agriculture research project", leaving the paved surface and inspecting the soil content and every clover bloom for about 60 yards.

Ford had a vendor booth at the show field and they changed out my passenger side airbag right there! Took him 3 min.

Came home with a Bronze in my class (SPC). Got some great pointers from the judges on how to improve my detailing techniques and areas I need to spend more time on (undercarriage and engine bay).

So there it is. Body of proof that you can drive 500 miles, track the car, go off track, install recalls, show the car, and still come home with some hardware. Even with a 100k mile car and when the heat index is 113 degrees!!

Motor on!

·
Moderator Dude!
28,366 Posts
Here are the pics and recap of the MCA National Event in Topeka, KS:

View attachment 191453
On the way to Topeka from Ft Worth (500miles) I turned over 100K miles in the SuperSnake.

View attachment 191454
While driving on the track, I conducted an "agriculture research project", leaving the paved surface and inspecting the soil content and every clover bloom for about 60 yards.

View attachment 191455
Ford had a vendor booth at the show field and they changed out my passenger side airbag right there! Took him 3 min.

View attachment 191456
Came home with a Bronze in my class (SPC). Got some great pointers from the judges on how to improve my detailing techniques and areas I need to spend more time on (undercarriage and engine bay).

So there it is. Body of proof that you can drive 500 miles, track the car, go off track, install recalls, show the car, and still come home with some hardware. Even with a 100k mile car and when the heat index is 113 degrees!!

Motor on!
All fantastic Austin! 100k miles on a Super Snake makes it even more of a rare snake!

That’s a lot of memories!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Here are the pics and recap of the MCA National Event in Topeka

Motor on!
Austin, congrats on the Bronze. Impressive after the drive up and track day.

Good to finally meet you.

Glad to hear your agricultural research project was only agricultural, as mine turned in to geological when I caught the end of a rumble strip.
Good thing I planned on replacing the tires after this track event.
Ended up tracking the other car on the 3rd day.

Jeff
View attachment 191468

41 - 44 of 44 Posts