Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with parking and leaving the hood and trunk open during the show, I've heard to have the trunk empty/clear of items.
I have the MUSTANG SHELBY GT500 TIRE AIR COMPRESSOR INFLATOR 2007 2008 2009 7R3V-19H364-AA
Do I leave it at home or in the trunk?
I also have to work the show off and on, so vehicle will be unattended.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
28,974 Posts
I personally would leave it in there. It’s under the mat... out of sight/out of mind.

I have left my vehicles unattended with quite a bit of stuff on display with them while I’ve walked around. There are always people around watching. No one will take your inflator kit.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, have a spare tire in there.
I realize now what you mean by the mat.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
28,974 Posts
No, have a spare tire in there.
I realize now what you mean by the mat.
Ah ha! If your spare tire fits front and back, you don’t need an inflator kit (which is probably expired anyway). Inflator kits were installed in these cars since they did not come with a spare.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol, even funnier, it's one of those emergency tires so while it will fit to get me somewhere to fix the flat one, it could look ugly as hell and throw off the handling! One of those things where I know the inflator kit belongs, but not real sure about the tire, but if I do get a flat, at least I have an option

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
28,974 Posts
lol, even funnier, it's one of those emergency tires so while it will fit to get me somewhere to fix the flat one, it could look ugly as hell and throw off the handling! One of those things where I know the inflator kit belongs, but not real sure about the tire, but if I do get a flat, at least I have an option
Make sure the wheel fits on the front without hitting your brake caliper. Also of note, if it is shorter than your rear wheel/tire combo, driving any distance with it on the rear can damage your diff with the 2 wheels spinning at different rates.

I’ve been running my car for over 7 years without a spare. I’ve picked up a nail or two during that time and the TPMS alert has given me enough warning to get air in the tire and get it fixed.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, good points! Never thought about it in detail. Doubt it will fit on the front and no need to risk the diff on a flat. Tire is coming out. Thanks, this is why I come here for answers and learn.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ditched the tire yesterday, and yes, realized how the unit is designed to fit in there.

Actually at this point they placed me in Occasionally Driven (I actually only drive it on a nice sunny dry weekend), but when I show up to register in about 2 hours, Classification may change that, we'll see.

·
Super Moderator
4,866 Posts
I'm late to the party, but like others, would have voted to remove the tire and put the inflator back where it belongs. Seems to me the more "period correct" you can make it, the better of you'll be in the contest.

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out. (y)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The tire was in the car when I got it and really never gave it any thought until yesterday. I agree with all and got rid of it. With 20" rims and the spare a 16", kind of pointless anyway. As it was under the mat, it wasn't on my radar until now. Thanks to all for the help. Will post some pics as I can.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Would be interested in what class you wound up in ?
And your " after the show " thoughts..
I was kept in Occassionally Driven.
Got judged yesterday and by chance at the hotel last night met the judge who judged my car. He was very impressed and said I did very well and to make sure I am at the awards ceremony. So maybe placed? Anxious for tomorrow.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh, got approached by a couple if I want to sell it. Said they'd be back later to chat even though I said not at this time. Guess they like it too

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I was kept in Occassionally Driven.
Got judged yesterday and by chance at the hotel last night met the judge who judged my car. He was very impressed and said I did very well and to make sure I am at the awards ceremony. So maybe placed? Anxious for tomorrow.

Loose point(s) for the closed trunk ??

1 - 20 of 44 Posts