Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning everyone,

I did some searching through threads here but couldn't really find the answers I was looking for.

Has anyone installed the 20" KR rims on their car? Mine is going to have the FRPP suspension done soon and I was also considering going to these wheels. Anything else that needs done to put these on? I know they also lower the KR and the SS at Shelby but they use a little different package than I am going with and want to make sure I don't overlook anything.

Lastly, any recommendations on 20" rubber? (saying F1s will result in a beating...lol).

Thanks,

Rob

·
Registered
29 Posts
the KR actually comes with 18 inch wheels but they always show it with 20's, marketing scam. I put shelbys alcoa super snake wheels(can be purchased right from shelby) on and the rubber they recommended, all 4 whells and tires ran about 4G's. Well worth the look though. Car looks awesome. Nothing needed to put these on. They run dam close to the outer fender though,meaning the tire width almost protudes beyond, almost. Just dont forget the pressure sensors like I did. didnt realize it untill new tires were mounted. so i run around with the warning light. damn things were news to me.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
97 Posts
check svtperformance too. you are pretty limited on tires - a 305 will likely rub due to the piss poor offset of the Alcoa esp if you lower (which you should do with a 20 or it looks like arse). Shelby suggests a 275 for the rear...yep, one size small than stock. Do a lot of research before you buy tires.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks,

The more I read the less inclined I am to go with 20's; looks like the additional rotating mass hurts the performance too much for the look. I bought the car because of the performance potential so it looks like I am going to try track down a set of the KR rims instead of the SS ones....can just imagine what Ford wants for them though....

Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts