Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that there are going to be just plain Cobras and then the Shelby's. Is that true? That you can get a Cobra for $40k-ish and then have to pay more (obviously) for the Shelby's? I also heard that it is near impossible to get on a list for a Shelby, something about having owned a certain number of Fords in the past.

Which totally sucks. I want one of these badly. I'll just wait when I finally have my carrer job and make enough money for the payments. I love Ford's and will probably stick with them the rest of my life. No other car I've ever driven has been as good as my Ford's, from my Ranger to my F150, to my current 05 Mustang GT.

·
Registered
26 Posts
^the Shelby is the Cobra...someone correct me if I'm wrong, but SVT is putting out this beauty and I don't know of any other stang on their current menu..oh and stay off the lists...any yahoo can get on a list to waste their money....there will be plenty of this model to go around....find a dealer that won't A$$ rape you on price, they're out there...problem is those lists are too hard for them to resist the markup...just be patient...get one at a fair price, then you can afford plenty of gas for it:D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
There are the Shelby GT 500's and there is the California Special.California Special is a GT with Shelby rear bumper,hood scoop and rear scoop's.The new mustangs will be offered with a wide range of factory options.Heated front seats,compass on the rear view mirror,suede and leather seats,shaker 1000 sound system.It keeps getting better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts