Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there with a tune taken their car in for the recall for the passenger airbag? If so, was it a problem that you had a tune in when they reflashed the air bag module or ECM (not sure exactly what they do)? Did you have to take the tune back to stock first?

Dave

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I thought you weren't going to worry about this Davey??

·
Registered
2008 Red Super Snake, 2019 Mustang GT
315 Posts
I had mine done about 3-4 weeks ago and it does not mess with the tune. I left my tune in and there were no problems. They only reprogram the module that has to do with the airbag and not the ECM which will have the tune on it for a CAI etc.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not going to bother with it anyway. It's the passenger side
We have friends who have a nine year old daughter that has ridden with me once...hate to see something happen to her. I'll get it done eventually, but my dealer is 35 minutes a way...don't want to make a special trip just for this.

Welcome to the forum Mr. Black Streak:pinklove:

·
Registered
485 Posts
I certainly hope that anyone riding in a car has enough insight to wear their seat belt. None of my vehicles move an inch until all occupants are safely buckled in. Regardless of whether its the Shelby, the Rendezvous or the Jimmy, any child or an adult, or whether I'm just going around the block or for a long trip.

The recall letter I got specifically says that "During an airbag deployment, if a small female in the front passenger seat is not wearing the safety belt, and has the seat in the full forward position, there may be an increased postential for a neck injury." That potential would never present itself in my vehicle. Regardless, a recall is a recall so I took my car in yesterday for the recalibration. Do I feel that my passengers will be safer in my vehicle now? Maybe a little.

What blows my mind is the fact that there are people out there still dumb enough to drive around without a safety belt strapped on.

Arbour88

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Dave,
To answer your question,no you don't have to put the stock tune back in.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Just had mine done today...tech came up to the service drive with a laptop, plugged in and was done in 5 minutes. Did not pop the hood or even start the car. Completely painless.:roller:

·
Registered
30 Posts
What blows my mind is the fact that there are people out there still dumb enough to drive around without a safety belt strapped on.

Arbour88
I like most other people that defied the seatbelt laws way back when they came in changed my mind in a hurry when I started racing. Seatbelts save lives. PERIOD!. Like you nobody rides in any of my vehicles without being belted up

1 - 20 of 28 Posts