Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, got my inovice 2 weeks ago today for my vehicle vin# 1zvht88s885112877,

we get an update last week, released from the plant 7/8/07 e.t.a. delivery of the 14th.

so tuesday comes and goes, wednesday, thursday, today i finally get my guy who does the orders to call.

Gal tells him my car is on quality hold. Best thing is, no idea why, or any idea of an e.t.a. of when to be released.

I'm frikin fuming right now. I knew it, I just knew it. This stuff only happens to me.

I just can't believe it.

Figured things have been going well for me, something like this would happen. LOL, i gotta laugh, i'm so friking peeved right now.

The only place the gal couldn't get ahold of was the ramp she said. So, now i'm stuck without knowing anything, knowing whats wrong with my car.

And, as much as I'm dying for one, I gotta wonder if I even want it. I mean, did they drop it loading it? How do they say it was released, and then it's still sitting there. To me that means something had to happen to it.

Sorry guys, just venting. I'm so frustrated right now. After taking over a year to finally be able to get one, then 3 months waiting for it to come in, and seeing our other store get theres like clockwork. I'm done, i've been staring out the window for 4 days waiting for a carrier to pull up.

Oh well :mad:

·
Registered
888 Posts
Most of us on this forum have felt your pain, as we experienced similar stuff while waiting for ours. The only thing I can say is hang in there, don't believe every delivery date you hear. Quality Hold did not turn out to be a bad thing, just another thing to keep you waiting. Try to have patience. We know how you feel. When you finally get it, all this won't matter! Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Maybe you are on quality control hold for the next generation tranny & clutch? That would be a good thing.:) Keep the faith and patience as well. As many of know it is easier said than done.:D:D

·
Registered
57 Posts

we get an update last week, released from the plant 7/8/07 e.t.a. delivery of the 14th.

so tuesday comes and goes, wednesday, thursday, today i finally get my guy who does the orders to call.

Gal tells him my car is on quality hold. Best thing is, no idea why, or any idea of an e.t.a. of when to be released.

I'm frikin fuming right now. I knew it, I just knew it. This stuff only happens to me.

I just can't believe it.

Figured things have been going well for me, something like this would happen. LOL, i gotta laugh, i'm so friking peeved right now.

The only place the gal couldn't get ahold of was the ramp she said. So, now i'm stuck without knowing anything, knowing whats wrong with my car.

And, as much as I'm dying for one, I gotta wonder if I even want it. I mean, did they drop it loading it? How do they say it was released, and then it's still sitting there. To me that means something had to happen to it.

Sorry guys, just venting. I'm so frustrated right now. After taking over a year to finally be able to get one, then 3 months waiting for it to come in, and seeing our other store get theres like clockwork. I'm done, i've been staring out the window for 4 days waiting for a carrier to pull up.

Relax
Most of us here has waited a much longer time for our cars. When you finally get the call that it's here all this will be forgotten. I wish i had my car this fast. Of coarse other had their faster. Your car is sorta in the ford black hole no one knows ware the car is except the factory, my guess is should see it two to three more weeks. Their has been many posts here about the delivery process do a search or visit stangsunleashed.com sit back and do some reading and research so much to learn.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's just frustrating, if i'd wanted to stick with vapor, i could have been driving a car for 2 weeks,

i could have taken the one that came in 2 weeks ago at our other store, but i decided i had wanted a different color a while back, and theirs was too close to build date to switch,

so, now i've gotta play the waiting game, and still, what if its not for something simple, if simple gets you a 3 week delay, whats something major get you?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Relax
Most of us here has waited a much longer time for our cars. When you finally get the call that it's here all this will be forgotten. I wish i had my car this fast. Of coarse other had their faster. Your car is sorta in the ford black hole no one knows ware the car is except the factory, my guess is should see it two to three more weeks. Their has been many posts here about the delivery process do a search or visit stangsunleashed.com sit back and do some reading and research so much to learn.
i'm somewhat familiar, it's just ultra frustrating, if it's on quality hold for whatever reason, it should be done before it's released

the way it was explained to me is sold units are not typically pulled off for a "quality check" which leads me to think something has gone wrong

·
Registered
933 Posts
I'm pretty sure we've gone down this path before and I think 07 SHELBY can shed some light as to the 'quality hold' process.

I may be way out to lunch, but just like any other production line, cars are randomly selected to check for proper alignment and possible defects.

As hard as this is to believe, this is a good thing. At least you'll know that your car was thoroughly checked.

Hang in there! From what I've read, the wait will only seem like a blur once the car arrives. At least that's what I've got to keep telling myself.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my order guy just called, on the ramp, should be monday to tuesday at the latest he said

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

I just can't believe it.

I think he wants to be vice-prez.:D It'll be there before you know it.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Mine was selected for a few runs aroud the test track. It will get here!!

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
If he had to wait 400+ days:eek: , I think we would have a new Prez for 2008 hands down:D :D

Hang in there Beef. Just about all of us waited longer and went threw more than you.

Do you guys remember the MATERIAL HOLD ABYSS?:mad:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Holy cow, I guess he does. He might he be shooting for Prez.

Hey Beefcake! Sounds like you need to step back and take a few deep cleansing breaths and have a beer. I was on material hold for over a year. Now THAT is frustration. You need to put in more time before you can start whining like me. :D :D :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well,

i've officially upgraded my status to pi$$ed off

my mgr says he got an email after checking yesterday, saying that the car is on quality hold, and no further updates,

last friday, our order guy called and they told him it was released from hold and on the ramp awaiting transport,

it's like who the fuk knows anything, i have now moved past the fun of ordering, the excitement, the anticipation of it getting here, to just plain irritated

i'm completely over it, i mean i'm sure if the car shows up in a week, or 2 or 3, i'll enjoy having it, but i'm really over it at this point, the fun is completely gone out of it right now

when the car actually shows up, i'll be like, oh yeah, i did order a car didn't i, i completely forgot, bid deal!

·
Registered
373 Posts
bahhh... NEGATIVE.
maybe at first, but as soon as you sit in it, and fire it up. you'll be back to giddy in no time!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well,

got word today,

seems that their is an issue with the cars

apparently,

the fitment of the hood scoops isn't 100% or some crap,

unbelievable, the car has been out for over a year, and now i gotta wait an extra month because of a couple little $2 hood scoops,

i guess at least it's an answer

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
well,

got word today,

seems that their is an issue with the cars

apparently,

the fitment of the hood scoops isn't 100% or some crap,

unbelievable, the car has been out for over a year, and now i gotta wait an extra month because of a couple little $2 hood scoops,

i guess at least it's an answer

Wow, we're putting hood scoops on the Shelbys now?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow, we're putting hood scoops on the Shelbys now?
i'm assuming they are talking about the little vent releases on the hood?

they are in the center of the hood

heres a pic, you'll see em in the center

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
i'm assuming they are talking about the little vent releases on the hood?

they are in the center of the hood

heres a pic, you'll see em in the center

Thanks now I'm a little clearer on that.:D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts