Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ford GT500, 2019 Ford GT, 2020 Lamborghini Aventador SVJ
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am extremely blessed and grateful to own a 2020 Ford GT500 as well as a 2019 Ford GT. I got both vehicles this year at the same time. I am blown away at both of these machines and especially the GT500. I've owned all kinds of sports cars, most recently a 488 Pista, Aventador SV and currently I have an SVJ and just bought the new AMG GT Black Series to flip and I am truly shocked by how much I enjoy driving my GT500. I honestly didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I do and have no intentions of letting it go anytime soon. The sound, the power and the transmission are all truly amazing. I also really enjoy driving my 2019 Ford GT. It's a race car for the road for sure and I love the sound of the large turbos and the blow off noise they make similar to a Veyron or Chiron, but every time I drive my Ford GT I can't help but think to myself "My God, if Ford would have put the GT500 engine in this thing it would have been the best car ever made!" That's just my opinion of course but I don't know if anyone else here has been able to own both the GT500 and the new GT or has been able to drive both but I would love to know what everyone else thinks on the matter. I know all the reasons why Ford went with the EcoBoost V6 in the GT and how it's about weight and aerodynamics and all that but I just can't help but imagine the new Ford GT with that GT500 V8 engine and that deep exhaust sound and would love getting other peoples thoughts on this who have experienced both cars themselves. I know this is just wishful thinking and will never happen but how amazing would it be if Ford said for their last X amount of GT's to end production we are making 50 or whatever with the GT500 engine! I know it wouldn't even fit but I just imagine driving this thing with that engine and the experience that would be. The car is already incredible and putting that engine in it would just push it over the line of best cars ever made.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
37,092 Posts
I am extremely blessed and grateful to own a 2020 Ford GT500 as well as a 2019 Ford GT. I got both vehicles this year at the same time. I am blown away at both of these machines and especially the GT500. I've owned all kinds of sports cars, most recently a 488 Pista, Aventador SV and currently I have an SVJ and just bought the new AMG GT Black Series to flip and I am truly shocked by how much I enjoy driving my GT500. I honestly didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I do and have no intentions of letting it go anytime soon. The sound, the power and the transmission are all truly amazing. I also really enjoy driving my 2019 Ford GT. It's a race car for the road for sure and I love the sound of the large turbos and the blow off noise they make similar to a Veyron or Chiron, but every time I drive my Ford GT I can't help but think to myself "My God, if Ford would have put the GT500 engine in this thing it would have been the best car ever made!" That's just my opinion of course but I don't know if anyone else here has been able to own both the GT500 and the new GT or has been able to drive both but I would love to know what everyone else thinks on the matter. I know all the reasons why Ford went with the EcoBoost V6 in the GT and how it's about weight and aerodynamics and all that but I just can't help but imagine the new Ford GT with that GT500 V8 engine and that deep exhaust sound and would love getting other peoples thoughts on this who have experienced both cars themselves. I know this is just wishful thinking and will never happen but how amazing would it be if Ford said for their last X amount of GT's to end production we are making 50 or whatever with the GT500 engine! I know it wouldn't even fit but I just imagine driving this thing with that engine and the experience that would be. The car is already incredible and putting that engine in it would just push it over the line of best cars ever made.
Welcome to the forum! I moved your thread here to our other Fords section. Congrats on owning some absolutely amazing cars! 🤟

There has been some rumors circulating around recently about Ford testing a V8 in the Ford GT. There is speculation about what this means whether Ford will sell a V8 version or the car is being used as a test bed for a different future vehicle… who knows really.

If it could somehow fit, a 2020+ GT500 powertrain in a FGT would be simply crazy-awesome!

On a different note, if you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your rides, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Registered
2020 Ford GT500, 2019 Ford GT, 2020 Lamborghini Aventador SVJ
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum! I moved your thread here to our other Fords section. Congrats on owning some absolutely amazing cars! 🤟

There has been some rumors circulating around recently about Ford testing a V8 in the Ford GT. There is speculation about what this means whether Ford will sell a V8 version or the car is being used as a test bed for a different future vehicle… who knows really.

If it could somehow fit, a 2020+ GT500 powertrain in a FGT would be simply crazy-awesome!

On a different note, if you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your rides, you’ll find our new member area here:

Thanks so much! I never heard that rumor but I am beyond thrilled to read this! Was that rumor here on the forums or on an automotive site somewhere?

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
The Predator won’t make it into the FGT but some turbocharged V8 development is being considered from what I understand.

Then again, I wasn’t cool enough to get the FGT nod.

·
Registered
2009 gt500 vmp gen3, 2020 gt500 magnetic, 1970 mach1 408 stroked, 1997 cobra awesome
382 Posts
I’m thinking Godzilla push rod engine is what they’re thought to be testing. I’ve seen a write up I believe. The push rod engine minus the huge dohc heads on the predator will be a lot lighter

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
37,092 Posts
Thanks so much! I never heard that rumor but I am beyond thrilled to read this! Was that rumor here on the forums or on an automotive site somewhere?
Here:

·
Premium Member
2020 gt500 Shadow Black
267 Posts
Thats a pretty impressive list of cars you own/owned and to lump the `20 gt500 high on your fun factor list says a lot about this car. The Shelby doesn't fall in the "exotics" class of cars but the performance of the car is up there and a blast to drive.
I'm guessing the gt500 is probably a more practical DD than say your SVJ.
I also read an article about the possibility of a V8 going into the final batch of GTs. (50)

·
Registered
2021, GT500, CFTP
33 Posts
Pics!

·
Registered
2014 GT500 DIB/Satin Black TP/PP
887 Posts
Welcome to the site! Holy car list batman! Im sure the SVJ is nice, but that 488 Pista is a beautiful piece of machinery! This is completely a personal opinion, but I would rather have a Ferrari over a Lamborghini any day and twice on Sunday.

I do find it interesting how highly you regard the GT500 considering the other cars. There's been a bit of a debate on here about the 2020+ GT500 and I would like your opinion Exhaust note aside, is it more American Muscle or more super car?

There are rumors that the new GT40 will be receiving a turbo charged 7.3l OHV Godzilla motor. That would be AWESOME!

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
367 Posts
The car was built to run Le Mans in 2016 and they won with it, and the homologation is a benefit to the public. Race cars are built to be a tight system and the reason muscle cars are only good for drag racing is becaue the engine is overpowered for the chassis. The Ford GT doesn't need any more engine. It weighs 3000 lbs, 650 hp, for a weight/power ratio of 4.6:1. For comparison, NASA's Super Touring / Time Trial classes go from 1:6 to 1:18, so the Ford GT is already too fast for TT1. There are spec/stock classes but just giving an example. (Note: your Aventador was 4.4:1). Your 2020 GT500 weighs 4150 lbs for a weight/power of 5.5:1. If you screw with this, it will screw up the car. A Ford GT would drive poorly with a GT500 powertrain. If you just want more power, modify the engine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm dreaming.
If....I was to hit the lottery....and I wrote both Ford, and begged to be put on the list to buy a new Ford GT, omg, and I wrote GM and requested their most souped up version, the race version, of their meanest, fastest newest C8 Corvette. Which would I be most likely to buy? ( Now, you have to play along like I won the lottery first).

·
Premium Member
2020 gt500 Shadow Black
267 Posts
I'm dreaming.
If....I was to hit the lottery....and I wrote both Ford, and begged to be put on the list to buy a new Ford GT, omg, and I wrote GM and requested their most souped up version, the race version, of their meanest, fastest newest C8 Corvette. Which would I be most likely to buy? ( Now, you have to play along like I won the lottery first).
Just upgrade to the FordGT Mark II. That'll give you more performance than you most likely would ever be able to handle...unless your a pro driver.
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,247 Posts
I have a GT500 and an FGT too!

oh wait, both are the last generation 🤔

truthfully, those V8 Rumors are just clickbait. The car would have to be completely redesigned and that is not something Ford will do at this juncture. The NFGT is already a screaming success and never intended to be an ongoing model line.

Besides, Ford is all in on EVs. Their next halo car will be an EV, or possibly a hybrid.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
37,092 Posts
I'm dreaming.
Welcome to the forum! If you are up for introducing yourself, you’ll find our new member area here:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts