Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well finally getting around to putting the pulley and new tune on either Sunday or Monday evening. One question I have for members that have done this is the spark plugs. I got the NGK plugs and after looking over the motor I don't see them where I would expect to see them. I am guessing they are under a cover like another vehicle I had. Question is does anyone have a picture or a pdf shop manual with the info for changing the plugs. I figure I should change the plugs while doing all this.

Will post up results next week on the difference the pulley and tune make. Will also be taking the beast back to the drag strip in the next few weeks to see if I can't get 11's with it :)

Thanks All,

·
Registered
471 Posts
Well finally getting around to putting the pulley and new tune on either Sunday or Monday evening. One question I have for members that have done this is the spark plugs. I got the NGK plugs and after looking over the motor I don't see them where I would expect to see them. I am guessing they are under a cover like another vehicle I had. Question is does anyone have a picture or a pdf shop manual with the info for changing the plugs. I figure I should change the plugs while doing all this.

Will post up results next week on the difference the pulley and tune make. Will also be taking the beast back to the drag strip in the next few weeks to see if I can't get 11's with it :)

Thanks All,
Don't have a picture of it but your are right that they are under the covers. Actualy they are very easy to change you will have no problems. Just take the covers off and have at it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
When you take the Plug Boot off (it's about 7 inches long) it will have some resistance to you pulling it off, not much though. When you put it back on it will slip on easily and if you try to pull it back off it will come off very easy, you will think you didn't have it on. You did if you let it set over night the Air pressure in the boot will have escaped and it will be just like you pulling it off for the first time. Don't worry, you put the boot on right. Also don't expect (Normal) Plug wires. There are none.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm still running the stock plugs on mine. I may end up changing out my plugs here soon.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that is a good question should I switch out the plugs, what did other members do with stage 2 ?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Well that is a good question should I switch out the plugs, what did other members do with stage 2 ?
Run a colder plug with the pulley change. Should have been provided by Fred from Evolution with the stage 2.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thank you for the info, have the plugs just wanted to make sure I should put them in. Now for a big question, does anyone have the directions in a word doc or PDF for the pulley removeal/install they could email me, I can't seem to find mine now that I am starting to do it :(

If you do my email is [email protected]

Thank you,

Bill

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Thank you for the info, have the plugs just wanted to make sure I should put them in. Now for a big question, does anyone have the directions in a word doc or PDF they could email me, I can't seem to find mine now that I am starting to do it :(

If you do my email is [email protected]

Thank you,

Bill
Remove the grey "powered by svt" covers. You'll see the coils under the cover that are connected to the plugs via a approx. 7" long tube. Get yourself a 5/8" plug socket with a long extension and change them. It seems like the plugs are in the crankcase they are so deep in the engine.

I changed mine because that was part of the kit and didn't think it was optional considering the tune was designed around the entire kit.:)

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I recommend installing the colder plugs. As mentioned before, the stage 2 was designed around them. Colder plugs will prevent detonation

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pulley & Tune is done. Had to take it for a test drive... all I can say is WOW. At 40mph stomped it and besides snapping my neck it was spinning the tires. This thing pulls like a freight train. Can't wait for the next MOD to go on :)

·
Premium Member
7,302 Posts
Pulley & Tune is done. Had to take it for a test drive... all I can say is WOW. At 40mph stomped it and besides snapping my neck it was spinning the tires. This thing pulls like a freight train. Can't wait for the next MOD to go on :)

Congrats. Make sure those plugs get changed. You NEED to use that colder range plug. They're generally pre gapped but check em for .035

bj

1 - 12 of 12 Posts