2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting they didn't talk about reprogramming the magna-ride, but good stuff.
Like I said in the other post. It was my impression that the different magneride programming was due to the lightweight wheels (rebounding differently) and not the stiffer/lower suspension.

This car has aftermarket wheels.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Like I said in the other post. It was my impression that the different magneride programming was due to the lightweight wheels (rebounding differently) and not the stiffer/lower suspension.

I've seen this video and I reached out to them about the wheels and tires.

Middleton Motorsports
Those are 315/30/20 toyo r888r the wheels are the GT500 spec SV503 20x11.5. If you’d like a quote email [email protected]middletonford.com

Seems like a straight forward install. I have the 2020 base car with the HP and thought that the camber plates were adjustable but it sounds like they are not. :cautious:

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 base + handling pack
743 Posts

Yeah --- I would think both would require changes.... but I don't have a clue lol.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
I've seen this video and I reached out to them about the wheels and tires.

Middleton Motorsports
Those are 315/30/20 toyo r888r the wheels are the GT500 spec SV503 20x11.5. If you’d like a quote email [email protected]middletonford.com

Seems like a straight forward install. I have the 2020 base car with the HP and thought that the camber plates were adjustable but it sounds like they are not. :cautious:
Yeah, I was under the miss-impression that the HP came with adjustable plates as well. Didn't someone say the '21s are coming with them? Or was that just on the CFHP ones?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yeah, I was under the miss-impression that the HP came with adjustable plates as well. Didn't someone say the '21s are coming with them? Or was that just on the CFHP ones?
Yeah, I think Goose said it in another thread. Ford sent out the misinformation and started installing the plates in the 21's.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Is there a way to visually tell the difference in the camber plates? Does the strut tower and studs look differently between the two cars (Base and CFTP) or is the plate hidden?

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Is there a way to visually tell the difference in the camber plates? Does the strut tower and studs look differently between the two cars (Base and CFTP) or is the plate hidden?
One of Tim's video's shows the adjustable plates - I think they are easy to miss (either way).

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Skip to 8:15 to see how to ID if the adjustable plates are installed. 2021 handling package cars are getting them.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
190 Posts
You can add them though. Only necessary if you are going to hit the road course.
I hear you and you're right, only necessary if you plan on track days and autocross. I was just curious and I'm a little bummed because when I bought the HP I thought I was getting the adjustable plates so that's a little disappointing.

Back to the video you posted though....I was really liking those wheels and tires and the suspension upgrades to the CFTP parts. Maybe reaching out to Middleton Motorsports on the Magna-Ride question might be the ticket?

·
Premium Member
2012/2013 Hybrid
7,446 Posts
That was interesting. The before measurements show the car slightly lower in the back with the base suspension. Granted the new suspension probably needs to settle a little bit, but I'd probably be inclined to install the front springs and call it a day.

·
Super Moderator
5,228 Posts
Interesting they didn't talk about reprogramming the magna-ride, but good stuff.

Thanks for sharing this, Goose. It has been on my "future mod" mind/list. I need to start digging some more on this to get a definitive answer on the magneride programming. I gotta think some reprogramming at a minimum is required b/c of the shorter springs???

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for sharing this, Goose. It has been on my "future mod" mind/list. I need to start digging some more on this to get a definitive answer on the magneride programming. I gotta think some reprogramming at a minimum is required b/c of the shorter springs???
I sent an email to Noah at FP a couple days ago inquiring about this. I’ll report back if he responds.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 - Handling Package, Technology Package, Recaros, Forgeline
36 Posts
Super interesting here. Now making me think about what needs to happen with Magneride.

I have a set of Forgeline GS1R wheels in stock specs being made right now. They are 22lbs a piece, which knocks off ~10 pounds per wheel (I think still ~3lbs more than the carbon wheels). If I went with the CFTP springs as well, seems like I would need to have the Magneride reprogrammed. I wonder if the GS1R wheel weight is close enough to the carbon wheels to just take the CFTP program.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Super interesting here. Now making me think about what needs to happen with Magneride.

I have a set of Forgeline GS1R wheels in stock specs being made right now. They are 22lbs a piece, which knocks off ~10 pounds per wheel (I think still ~3lbs more than the carbon wheels). If I went with the CFTP springs as well, seems like I would need to have the Magneride reprogrammed. I wonder if the GS1R wheel weight is close enough to the carbon wheels to just take the CFTP program.
The CF wheels weigh 17 lbs.

It was mentioned in another thread that the CFHP cars received the base model magneride programming despite the lightweight wheels. It was said the tires were the reason (4S vs. SC2), but I suspect the different springs played into it as well.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
The CF wheels weigh 17 lbs.

It was mentioned in another thread that the CFHP cars received the base model magneride programming despite the lightweight wheels. It was said the tires were the reason (4S vs. SC2), but I suspect the different springs played into it as well.
I still feel that they have to --- stiffer springs would rebound differently, just like the lighter wheels and different tires.
Magnaride assumes it knows what that is -- probably works fine without it, but would work better with it :)

I just think if (completely made up examples) magnaride smooths anything over 50% compression, and the CFTP springs only compress to 49% - you'd not be getting a lot of effect.
It's probably more like rate of compression, but the stiffer springs would have a slower rate naturally.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts