Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Storing flammable materials in the wrong place lead to this mess.
Yes it was set, but common sense to me dictates you don't store combustibles anywhere there is chance of ignition
By ignoring Murphy's Law, Atlanta Officials have exposed the driving public to months of misery
Heads should roll
Betcha there are other cities that have used elevated surfaces as storage buildings

I-85 lanes closed indefinitely in Atlanta, causing major traffic disruptions | Overdrive - Owner Operators Trucking Magazine

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/man-charged-connection-with-bridge-fire-due-court/dhJ61rKsrLtTKQnmf3JmYM/

·
Banned
9,880 Posts
Probably some homeless trying to keep warm that got away from them. But yeah this happens all the time. A lot of time the space is used as parking lots but as a storage build many times. Incident waiting to happen.

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Storing flammable materials in the wrong place lead to this mess.
Yes it was set, but common sense to me dictates you don't store combustibles anywhere there is chance of ignition
Heads should roll
I thought the same thing when I saw photos of what lay below that elevated highway.

Betcha there are other cities that have used elevated surfaces as storage buildings.
Betcha if the Fed's make the State or municipality responsible for damages to the interstate in a similar situation, they might modify that behavior. Assuming they can't recover from the crackhead that started it, of course. >:)

·
Super Moderator
5,105 Posts
It is just fortunate no one got killed. I live in Atlanta and am now having to deal with this mess. That stretch of highway is closed in both directions and is a major artery in to and out of downtown. Now, all the traffic is going around the outer beltway, which is impacting everyone.

One of my responsibilities at work is figuring out how we are going to deal with this impact on our employee's commute. A bunch of counties in and around Atlanta are on spring break this week --- we are waiting with bated breath to see what it is going to look like next week when everyone gets back in town. It's already a mess -- I dread next week.

·
Banned
8,948 Posts
Maybe the Crackheads need to be issued "spark free" Obama crack pipes?
Sounds like an easy enough fix to the problem...

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought the same thing when I saw photos of what lay below that elevated highway.

Betcha if the Fed's make the State or municipality responsible for damages to the interstate in a similar situation, they might modify that behavior. Assuming they can't recover from the crackhead that started it, of course. >:)
The full impact is far from over.
The frog is cooking right now
Gotta feeling he will be bailing out of the pot soon.
AND when he slides to the floor, the damage the fire did will only be a drop in the bucket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts