Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the Pulstar Plugs, if so have any data? I have used them in a '03 and '05 Cadillac CTS, and an '05 Altima, all with tremendous gains in efficiency and torque performance. I researched the temp for them and found that they are much cooler than most (equivalent to the NGK-7 or so). I did install a set the other day, gapped at .028. So far, they are doing GREAT! Was just wondering if anyone else had tried them?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Most on here use the NGK plugs, I'm not knocking the Pulstar, I just don't know anything about them.:zlurking:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had noticed that, and I have nothing against the ngk at all. My dad is an electrical engineer and did a TON of research on the Pulstars and has used them in all his vehicles for many years now. So, with his recommendation and my own looking around, I went with those.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Has anyone used the Pulstar Plugs, if so have any data? I have used them in a '03 and '05 Cadillac CTS, and an '05 Altima, all with tremendous gains in efficiency and torque performance. I researched the temp for them and found that they are much cooler than most (equivalent to the NGK-7 or so). I did install a set the other day, gapped at .028. So far, they are doing GREAT! Was just wondering if anyone else had tried them?
Not to start a debate, but how did you determine the "tremendous gains in efficiency and torque performance"? Unless there is a misfire problem, which there should never be in our cars unless there is some other problem, I have yet to see any miracle spark plug make a discernible difference in any car I have ever owned. When you say "they are much cooler than most", are you referring to heat range? All spark plugs come in a variety of heat ranges, so that is nothing unique. Having an extra cold plug is of no advantage and will tend to foul sooner.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The gains that I have personally noticed were all in automatic transmission vehicles. (The Caddy’s and the Altima all got 10-16% better gas milage and felt more like constant velocity transmissions.) It’s more of a personal preference, that I like the Pulstars, and nothing more. I was just curious if anyone else had tried them. If I do happen to have a problem with them or notice anything spectacular happen with them I will post the info as soon as I can. As far as the heat range, most of the folks I have talked to, or read about on here are using the NGK6 range, and the Pulstars tend to be a tad cooler. I will keep an eye out for misfires or any other indications of problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts