Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have another question for the wealth of knowledge this forum has. Did anybody notice their GT500 pulling slightly to the left or right when it was brand new. Mine pulls slightly to the left and I was wondering if anybody else had this happen? Any information would be greatly appreciated.Thanx

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have another question for the wealth of knowledge this forum has. Did anybody notice their GT500 pulling slightly to the left or right when it was brand new. Mine pulls slightly to the left and I was wondering if anybody else had this happen? Any information would be greatly appreciated.Thanx
Yep, mine has a very slight left drift. I have placed it on our alignment rack twice and it is dead nuts on!
Most cars will have a tendency to drift right because of road crown. Drifting left would lead you to believe that the caster is off. I am waiting to see if it goes away with new tires, as these F1's suck!

joe

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yep, mine has a very slight left drift. I have placed it on our alignment rack twice and it is dead nuts on!
Most cars will have a tendency to drift right because of road crown. Drifting left would lead you to believe that the caster is off. I am waiting to see if it goes away with new tires, as these F1's suck!

joe
Joe,
From your post I assume you work at a place that has an alignement machine.
Take your car back in and ask them to rotate the front tires only.
There is a posibility that you have a bad tire,if so swapping sides with them will cause the pull to either go away or make the car pull the oposite direction.
Trick I learned from working at an alignment shop years ago.
If the car still pulls to the left after the rotation,you will probably have to adjust the caster as you mentioned,then naturally the toe will probably have to be reset.
Don

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks For The Info Joe!!! I'm Not A Big Fan Of The F1's Either. My 03' Cobra Had A Slight Drift Too And The Dealer Said It Was Caused By Road Force. It Was Interesting To Find Out That There Was A Bulletin About That Specific Problem With The 03-04 Terminators.it Seems With Alignment, Theres Just To Many Variables..... Road Crown, Tires, Caster-camber And So On.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Joe,
There is a posibility that you have a bad tire,if so swapping sides with them will cause the pull to either go away or make the car pull the oposite direction.
If the car still pulls to the left after the rotation,you will probably have to adjust the caster as you mentioned,then naturally the toe will probably have to be reset.
Don
Don,
I am sure you're right. I should have added that mine gets better if the tires are warm, so the tires are probably to blame.
My alignment Tech told me the same thing that you mentioned. I told him not to bother cross switching the front tires because he would have to rotate them back anyway being directional.
joe

·
Registered
85 Posts
Joe,
Don
Remember that since the stock F1s are directional, you would have to dismount the tires and reverse them on the rim before moving the rim from one side to the other.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts