Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have found a 08 white GT500 at msrp $46,880 has everything I want ---1100 miles away.. but I really like the Vapor color better "who doesn't" and would prefer finding one a little closer.. need to do something with deposit tomorrow or white one might be gone according to dealer, one in Georgia already sold.. seems everything we have is white except my Cobra's..

My black backdraft cobra is for sale on Ebay and sure could use the cash to help with this.. why don't one of you treat yourself to another toy I will even help you hide it from your wife :D

·
Registered
2008 Red Super Snake, 2019 Mustang GT
462 Posts
LOL,

That's a rough one. If your not 100% happy with the car then don't buy it. There will be more chances in the future and I'm sure that with 5 months still left in production for '08 you will have more to choose from.

·
Registered
75 Posts
"who doesn't"
Me.

I agree with Joker. If it isn't what you want, wait. there will be other opportunities.

Have you seen the white in person? It is striking. It does stand out more than the black/gray colors. So, if you want subtle, white is not for you.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Where are you looking? What state or states?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Have found a 08 white GT500 at msrp $46,880 has everything I want ---1100 miles away.. but I really like the Vapor color better "who doesn't" and would prefer finding one a little closer.. need to do something with deposit tomorrow or white one might be gone according to dealer, one in Georgia already sold.. seems everything we have is white except my Cobra's..

My black backdraft cobra is for sale on Ebay and sure could use the cash to help with this.. why don't one of you treat yourself to another toy I will even help you hide it from your wife :D
That's what paint shops are for!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I know it's such a rough call..:) Don't get me wrong I like um all.. White has Blue stripes with side stripe also and although I have not seen it personally I have seen a few white with blue stripes at dealer here in Florida.. really would like one a little closer Florida-Georgia-NC-SC to save some driving time, I could even pick it up in my car trailer if a little closer..instead of flying out to get it and driving through ice, etc..
Here's a pic of actual car.. been on show room since delivery starting to grow on me.

·
Registered
2008 Red Super Snake, 2019 Mustang GT
462 Posts
I know it's a hard decision but if your not completely wanting that color don't get it. IMHO you'll regret it down the road. I know I would.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here in Florida all of the old farts drive white cars...damn I am an old fart..:D

My grandson would love the GT500 he's 13 going on 20.. While we were crusing in the backdraft I mentioned it was a chick magnet and he could pick up plenty of girls.. he replied only 1 as there was only 1 passenger seat.. :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
I like the white with blue stripes. It is a classic color scheme. If it's a car you intend to keep for a long time, I think the white will withstand the test of time much better than the Vapor. Remember how great gold and green looked in the late '60s, and how awful those cars look today?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I know it's such a rough call..:) Don't get me wrong I like um all.. White has Blue stripes with side stripe also and although I have not seen it personally I have seen a few white with blue stripes at dealer here in Florida.. really would like one a little closer Florida-Georgia-NC-SC to save some driving time, I could even pick it up in my car trailer if a little closer..instead of flying out to get it and driving through ice, etc..
Here's a pic of actual car.. been on show room since delivery starting to grow on me.

To me, that is a BEAUTY. Of course, I'm biased. I went white/blue because the originals (1965) were all white/blue. When I think of classic Shelby, I think of White/Blue.

I did consider one of the Gray colors as I am a little older and thought a more subtle color may be more "mature". But hell, who needs mature when you are talking about buying a toy.

Had they offered the Silver/Blue combo like the KR concept, I probably would have changed to that color scheme.

If I had gone Vapor, I would probably have done stripeless.

Edit - Ewwww, they put the front plate bracket on. Knuckleheads!!!!

·
Registered
806 Posts

What part of FL. you in?!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jupiter, Fl you guys are confirming my thoughts about liking the white.. I always tell my son to buy white or lighter color as they never go out of style.. Since this is a toy I thoght I might stray.. Wife just got a White Accord..

·
Registered
662 Posts
Buy it! It's not as fast as the red ones but it's close! Plus it's classic.:cool:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your right Red is faster just ask my son, the cops loved him

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
The front mounted license bracket would squash the deal for me. The dealership has some nerve.:mad: I believe Florida does not require a front plate and those holes would be an I sore.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I'd think they could fix that by filling it and replacement stripes over that portion or painting the stripes over the bumper. Make it part of the deal but don't accept it with that unless you want to put a cool vanity plate on the front that can be read in reverse by rearview mirrors like 3M WOLB.:D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The front mounted license bracket would squash the deal for me. The dealership has some nerve.:mad: I believe Florida does not require a front plate and those holes would be an I sore.

That was kind of dum of them.. 8 miles on car and they did that.. they told me I would have to take care of holes... Your right here in Florida no tag on front.. I am thinking about a pass on this car. I don't feel like patching holes even though its a MSRP deal..

·
Registered
662 Posts
Bumper plugs? Who woulda thunk it possible?:)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Check out www.bumperplugs.com. It's still not as good as new, but for an MSRP deal, I could probably live with it.
I could get the holes fixed it's just a pain in the a--.. A dealer in Georgia is trying to line me up with one.. looks promising and it will be easier for me to pick it up as I have a 2nd home there any how..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts