Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres is a few shots of the ProFinish Proglass Hood.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Heres is a few shots of the ProFinish Proglass Hood.
Wow I love it, I have the same color scheme, looks awesome:cool: C'mon you can't get off that easy, give us the
scoop about the install? What do you think the weight is compared to stock? Can the 3.4 Whipple fit underneath? Did they paint just the hood or do the front end to? Can you do me a favor, take a shot from the side to see the whole shelby and Post 4 us. You going to put the SHELBY letters at the front like the KR?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Wow I love it, I have the same color scheme, looks awesome:cool:
I too have a black with white coupe and I've already told SN8KBYT that I think his hood is as about as cool as it gets. :cool:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thinks a few other guys on here have the same hood.

·
Premium Member
7,302 Posts
looks good buddy. did you have any weight issues with your struts? the stock ones on the CDC/Steeda wouldn't work. Harley99 hooked me up with a company out of NY for a pair of 150 pounders. I actually have to be careful when I lower it. They're beefy!

btw....finally got her lowered!!!

bj

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to hear from you BJ, the struts that I had on there worked perfectly. Post some pictures of her lowered when you can I bet it look awesome.

·
Premium Member
7,302 Posts
Good to hear from you BJ, the struts that I had on there worked perfectly. Post some pictures of her lowered when you can I bet it look awesome.
Ask and you shall receive.....via email. I don't have a hosting service and can't do it here.

bj

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Here is a few of mine.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Wow I love it, I have the same color scheme, looks awesome:cool: C'mon you can't get off that easy, give us the
scoop about the install? What do you think the weight is compared to stock? Can the 3.4 Whipple fit underneath? Did they paint just the hood or do the front end to? Can you do me a favor, take a shot from the side to see the whole shelby and Post 4 us. You going to put the SHELBY letters at the front like the KR?
The hood is 13 lbs heavier than stock and YES the 3.4 Whipple will fit.:D

I posted a couple side shots for you also.

Terry from proglass did the whole install. Painted just the hood and installed the twist locks also.

Cal

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
looks good buddy. did you have any weight issues with your struts? the stock ones on the CDC/Steeda wouldn't work. Harley99 hooked me up with a company out of NY for a pair of 150 pounders. I actually have to be careful when I lower it. They're beefy!

btw....finally got her lowered!!!

bj
Hey bj. Glad to here the struts worked out for you.

Post pics of your car when you can. I'd like to see what it looks like lowered.:)

Cal

·
Premium Member
356 Posts

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Thanks guys. I don't really care for the 3DCarbon window scoops so I ordered the window louvers from Silver Horse Racing and will have them installed when the weather breaks.

I also ordered the blue carbon fiber radiator cover, blue JLT tube for the CAI along with the blue filter. I think it should look pretty cool with the blue stripes under the hood.:cool:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I also ordered the blue carbon fiber radiator cover, blue JLT tube for the CAI along with the blue filter. I think it should look pretty cool with the blue stripes under the hood.:cool:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Looks sweet ....

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
I have the hood as well. Actually drove up in a weekend to pick it up. Met with Cal and Terry and then drove home, and installed it. Great investment, and worth the trip. New hood, and physically met new friends. Guys..hello from the gulf
Hi Keith! Nice to hear from you. Hope everything is good in the gulf. Looking foreward to getting back together to compare mods sometime this year.

Cal

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
How much is the hood?

Terry from Proglass only made about 6 hoods and then sold his mold. I believe he sold it to theracecarfactory.com. As far as I know, Terry only fabbed 3 with the twist locks. The twist locks are actual 1968 Shelby locks machined to fit. I bought them from NPD National Parts Depot.

I have about $2,200 in my hood.

http://www.theracecarfactory.com/

Cal

1 - 20 of 35 Posts