·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do you think? Like it of not.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Not! But that does not matter, as long as you do is all that counts.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Just noticed the way Terry trimed the hood out in white. Nice touch as a full black hood would not have blended well with the rest of the front end. What she needs now are smoked turn signals.;)

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Terry didn't paint it. I had my Auto-Body man paint it, we came up with that. I was thinking about painting it like the cover of September issue of FF&MM except Black where that one is Orange. I can still do that with a little more Black paint. I'm not fond of Black on Cars, I don't think a solid White hood like that would have looked good either.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Terry didn't paint it. I had my Auto-Body man paint it, we came up with that. I was thinking about painting it like the cover of September issue of FF&MM except Black where that one is Orange. I can still do that with a little more Black paint. I'm not fond of Black on Cars, I don't think a solid White hood like that would have looked good either.

I'll go the other way,like it:D

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's at least different!! I really like the Blue over White Coupes. There are just too many of them!!

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
This world would be awefull boring if we all liked the same thing. I wouldn't have done it, but you do have a beautiful car none the less.:) :cool:

Cal

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I like the idea and had a charger done that way except flat black hood and the car was orange. The car looks good and I know what your saying about everyone else having the stripes but something about a Shelby just screams for stripes. Same thing about a Dodge Viper I have seem them without stripes and of course it looks bad ass but when you see one with stripes you think holly #(#( look at that car. Anyhow I like it but I would like it better painted white and striped but that is just me. I use to get comments from friends saying "Did you run out of paint why didn't you paint the hood." I always hated that :(

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We discussed Flat Black and came to the conclusion it's just too hard to deal with over the long run. You just can't get wax close to it.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Hmm...

Looks like a Villager (retiree) reverse Mohawk with dyed hair

·
Registered
73 Posts
i'll be honest, i don't like the hood, and i like it even less painted black

i would at least paint it white, might look a lil better

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Car doesn't look good solid White (with Tungsten rocker stripes) either, it needed something. I'm not a very good photographer. The car gets huge accolades in person. I got the idea for paint scheme from the Cover of Mustangs and Fast Fords September 07 issue (orange and White). The only thing that detracts from that car is the Black in front of the Windshield, around the Cockpit and the Light/Style bar. Our cars have even more black Chin Spoiler, Rocker panels. Lower Valance on rear of the car. I think black works well with this car. It’s a huge improvement from stock.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts