Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No one is asking the important questions:
1) When will this thing go on sale? (latest I've heard is June '06)
2) Any updates on pricing? (latest I've heard is $40,000)
3) Any options available? (audio system, aero packages, etc.)
4) What color options? (would love the original Shelby blue/white combo)
5) Is Ford taking orders yet? (I've spoken to 3 dealers and they say they won't know any more until one is on the dealer lot - ouch).

Thanks,

Dave:cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have read from 2,750 to just over 6,000 on production!! I hope it is the higher end just for availability and the chance to be an original owner! Let me know if you have heard any other numbers!! :cool:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I spoke to a Ford SVT rep on the phone, and he said they would produce between 7,000 and 13,000 cars. Still all my other questions are unanswered. By the way, here is a fresh pic of the one from the Detroit Auto show.

:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
If any one want's one you need to go to the SVT dealer and get them to take a deposit on one, still big secret on colors and options. From what i herd they will produce about 1,700 first year and have a four year run on them. to be produced in Tenn. Some time in June first models out. Good luck. one dealer told me it will be $10,000 over sticker.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm hoping Military Auto Sales will offer the GT500...they respond that they won't have any info until April...and they say that if it is an onsite Ford factory offering, I might be able to order one...emphasis on might be able to...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hans said:
You need to go to SVT dealer and get them to take a deposit if you want one, do it now or you won't get one.:)

Lock in your price...don't just throw money at these guys with out knowing what you expect to pay. They do not have allocations nailed down yet.You may be giving a deposit for something the dealer won't get!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Southway Ford (you can google them) says they will auction their allocation on eBay to the highest bidder. Joe Meyers Ford did that with a Ford GT. Looks like the Shelby's will be rediculously expensive. Can you say "Roush Mustang" instead? I told my wife that a new Harley is looking better and better....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have been on a "list" since early summer. Recently have learned that the dealer I have been working with will be giving the cars to the highest bidder. Whatever their allocation of cars, highest bidder gets them. Wishing you guys better luck....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I made the list of the #1 Mustang Dealer in Canada and received paperwork that I am paying MSRP....pretty good deal. Here's hoping everyone ahead of me on the list bows out.

·
Registered
213 Posts
whats up everyone, i would reccomend trying a local dealer if you havent, i called from spokane to mamphis, and finally got on a list in columbus ohio as #3 and they are getting 3. Well in the meantime I called my smaller local dealer who can and will get one, and he is going to sell it at MSRP. I had to put a deposit down on the one in Ohio so if antone is interested in the spot let me know. They said they will be adjusting their prices according to market value. The point of this rambling even if the dealership is smaller and NOT an SVT dealer contact them, you may get lucky. Secondly I guess I have to so if interested contact me and as soon as I hear a number above MSRP I will post it.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I doubt anyone will pay MSRP,but that would be nice.

1-Car 1 won't be built till 6-06,released to the dealers in August or Sept.
2-Ford won't confirm pricing,but probably $40,000 ~$45,000.$5,000 more for convertible.
3-Options are few,stereo upgrade and in 08, 19" wheels instead of 18"will be an option.
4-Colors are already decided.I can't remember them all,but Rio red and white for sure.The stripe is not painted on,it is a decal.
5-Orders will be start in March or April and delivery starts in August or September barring no problems and where you are on the food chain.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It does not look good for the home team. I am hearing that here in Wa state there will only be 3 or 4 allocated. Additionally the dealer that I got this info from was saying they will be collector items in the door and that one should expect to pay 80,000 to 120,000 K. WOW!!! I would buy a Vper before that! What is ford stupid? Does anyone have more info?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I put a $2500.00 deposit down on one last April (2005) at my SVT dealer...I'm #16 in line. They now have 55 deposits of $2500.00 for 55 cars (1 dealer). I'm hoping for the best. Anyone else got one on order?

·
Registered
38 Posts
More bad news.....Just spoke with a Sales Manager from a dealership in Tulsa. His General Manager told him today that Ford has decided to reduce the production this year to 2500 units....not sure how true that is, but would not be surprised as this is what happened with the last run of cobra r models. At this rate these cars will not make their way to anyone except for collectors.....way to go FORD; and they wonder why they are laying off 30,000 employees

·
Registered
2 Posts
eh, maybe next year then - will get a new Tahoe this year instead and the Cobra can wait. I refuse to pay over sticker for anything. Plenty of other interesting cars out there, something else may catch my eye in the meanwhile. Never cared much for teases in women or in car companies - Ford has a hottie right now, but if they don't open the gates on production they will turn buyers off.

·
Registered
26 Posts
^exacaly....Ford is between a rock and a hard place...they need their dealers to sell, and if the dealers are sellin' them at such a markup, why should they stop them, I mean they are sellin'.......not to me though!

·
Registered
81 Posts
My Dealer told me 7500 will be made,and you have to be svt certified with training and tools, then each Ford dealership that is,will be guaranteed at 1 car.......bigger svt certified dealers that have high turn over, will have more allocation,can get as many as 4.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
There will be 10,000 made per year,for at least 2 years.If you are fortunate enough to get 1 you will have an ear to ear smile.They are a rocket.They handle like no other mustang.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree with that!

It *seems* that Ford is committing to 2 yrs of about 10,000/yr with a possible 3rd year depending on need. I really think that all who really want one will have the opportunity to own one - and I mean at MSRP or lower.

I look at it this way - which car out there can I NOT own because of limited production? None. Zero. Zilch. Can't think of one. Ha, there're plenty I can't own because of $$$!!!! (Ford GT, Maybach, Ferrari, etc) but that's another story.

I believe that Limited Production cars are limited for a reason: there's a limited audience that will buy them. Ford makes about 910,000 F Series trucks every year. Why? Because that's how many they can sell.

When Ford announced they were going to build "x" number of Ford GT's a year, it was because that's how many they thought they could actually sell. The Ford GT is a limited production car simply because its audience is so small - a real thin slice of humanity as they say.

Yeah, if you have to have an '07 GT500 this summer... prepare to be boarded by the nearest pirate dealership! lol Beyond that? Nah.

Just my thinkin'.

07 SHELBY said:
There will be 10,000 made per year,for at least 2 years.If you are fortunate enough to get 1 you will have an ear to ear smile.They are a rocket.They handle like no other mustang.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts