Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...quick question:

I have an opportunity to order one at msrp from an out of state dealer...he said it will be msrp plus $430 or so for processing fees....are these fees legit or is he bs'ing me? It would be drop shipped to my local dealer here in PA.

Oh yeah, and what color should I go with?? Leaning towards vapor/black stripes, red/black stripes.....ugh, decision time.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

I have an opportunity to order one at msrp from an out of state dealer...he said it will be msrp plus $430 or so for processing fees....are these fees legit or is he bs'ing me? It would be drop shipped to my local dealer here in PA.

Oh yeah, and what color should I go with?? Leaning towards vapor/black stripes, red/black stripes.....ugh, decision time.
When drop shipping a car to another dealer, there is some additional paperwork, and often dealers will charge for that. I haven't seen the charge as high as your's, but it's a common thing to charge for.

If you want the fastest color, then Vista Blue would be the correct choice.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When drop shipping a car to another dealer, there is some additional paperwork, and often dealers will charge for that. I haven't seen the charge as high as your's, but it's a common thing to charge for.

If you want the fastest color, then Vista Blue would be the correct choice.
Thanks! Yeah, I figured you would "vote" blue...hahahha. You probably have a pretty unique color combo...pretty rare I would guess.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Let me know when it's scheduled to arrive. Depending on where in PA, I could swing by take some photos for ya.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

Go for the red.Blue is a depressing color.Lol

·
Registered
2008 Red Super Snake, 2019 Mustang GT
462 Posts
I'm getting a red w/ black stripes. Don't get that combo. I want one of the only ones
haha

·
Registered
341 Posts

MSRP plus $430, sounds like a good deal. Go for Vapor, stripe delete. Once the KR comes out find out what color the blue stripes are, add them with the SS hood, twist/lock hood pins and a set of Alcoas. It will look better then the KR. If you go over to the TS site, there was a thread some time ago about how to mod your car for less then $3500, it was a good list a mods.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Unless you are financing it the processing fees are b.s. If it's a cash deal you can usually get them to drop that...I did it with my wife's last 2 cars.
Also I'm partial to the red with white stripes(fastest color). (but they all look good!)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys! Won't be a 100% cash deal (whatever I sell my 03 for goes on this...hopefully a good $30,000 or so...I will finance the remaining) they said it's better to get the financing where I live.

What's the TS site??

The car was actually going to be vapor no stripes....they were calling it in today...I can change everything.

Do you guys think vapor/black would look good with the black/red interior??

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Thanks guys! Won't be a 100% cash deal (whatever I sell my 03 for goes on this...hopefully a good $30,000 or so...I will finance the remaining) they said it's better to get the financing where I live.

What's the TS site??

The car was actually going to be vapor no stripes....they were calling it in today...I can change everything.

Do you guys think vapor/black would look good with the black/red interior??
WOW!!! That's a great deal. Even with the fee. But I think White/Blue w/charcoal interior would suit you better. After all it's proven the fastest!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOW!!! That's a great deal. Even with the fee. But I think White/Blue w/charcoal interior would suit you better. After all it's proven the fastest!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)
There's a white/blue running around here locally and you only being in Danville...that would be too many in somewhat close proximity lol.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
There's a white/blue running around here locally and you only being in Danville...that would be too many in somewhat close proximity lol.
Actually, there are 2. Mike P, works in Norry, has one too. Never too many White/Blue............. LOL:D

·
Registered
235 Posts
Processing fees, doc fees... whatever you call them, they're just a money grab. If there was a legitimate fee that had to be paid for having the car drop-shipped, that's one thing. But a fee to do paperwork is just a gouge, and another source of profit for the dealer.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Processing fees, doc fees... whatever you call them, they're just a money grab. If there was a legitimate fee that had to be paid for having the car drop-shipped, that's one thing. But a fee to do paperwork is just a gouge, and another source of profit for the dealer.
He said they are standard in GA...all dealers have to do it...anyone??

·
Registered
235 Posts
They may be standard practice, but I got my car from GA, and it was MSRP, out the door. They tried to get me to pay a fee, but I refused. They told me I was crazy to walk away from a vert at MSRP plus their fee, and I agreed. But I still refused to pay it. A couple of phone calls back and forth and it went away.

I've paid small doc fees (less than $100) when I've bought cars at invoice, and I don't mind that too much, although it still galls me. But to pay MSRP or above and pay a doc fee? For me, never.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm getting a red w/ black stripes. Don't get that combo. I want one of the only ones
haha
Exactly.. Red with Black the processing fee is just another way for dealer to F--- you..:( then they will lie and say they have to charge you..

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Exactly.. Red with Black the processing fee is just another way for dealer to F--- you..:( then they will lie and say they have to charge you..

When I bought my vert at MSRP from the dealer in NC there was one fee - less than $100 - covered all paperwork, "advertising expenses", doc fees... everything.

I thought that was fair, but told them not to tack on anything else when I flew down to pick it up. They were good to their word - nothing else was added, even on the 0% financing I got from Ford.

·
Registered
933 Posts

Red with black stripes.

You can look at mine in the photo gallery.

The price is right. Seriously, who cares about $430.00?

TS is in reference to the Team Shelby site (previously known as StangsUnleashed). I signed up on that site back in July 2006, but not once posted there.

I found this forum much more willing to share meaningful information about the Shelby which is why I stayed on this site.

Arbour88

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Yeah, I'm going to press him on it in the morning. That being said...it may not happen...he's stalling saying one of heads of a cobra website they sponsor may want the allocation. I told him I would give him a deposit right then and he said they couldn't do it now an we will have to wait until tomorrow. He tried pushing one set to be built in early Feb...not sure if I could make the necessary changes I want...old bait and switch??:(

Fugging bastiges...hopefully it will work out cause I'm hot and heavy about ordering to my specs etc.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts